HAPPY HOLIDAYS

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
Jane Scott

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Post by Jane Scott »

Wishing everyone a joyous and wonder filled holiday and for that matter all year long. Meet Tallulah our foster girl; after only 4 days she has captured our hearts. Harley on the other hand isn't quite so enamoured with her (she stole his bed) but he'll come around. All the best. Jane, Harley and Tallulah.
Attachments
Tallulah 003.jpg
Harley the "Monkey-boy"
Christine

Re: HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Post by Christine »

Merry Christmas to you to, Jane! Tallulah definitely "does NOT vant to be alone"....what a cutie pie.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Same to you! Presents under the tree for pets :present: ...new mattress pads for Dolly all wrapped up with bows ...trying to find a fuzzy "eyelash yarn" scarf for Katie to wear around her neck when we go "strollering" but haven't found one yet...someone's getting a cozy new bed I found on sale earlier this year.
Pets Christmas_sm.JPG
Christine

Post by Christine »

How pretty! And the snow falling on your tree and presents makes it even nicer. Uh, oh....Penny is eyeing that new fluffy bed :mrgreen:
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jane Scott

Post by Jane Scott »

Ooooh Carol you were brave, I didn't put up a tree this year. What with Dusty the cat, and the two dogs trying to sort things out and two more dogs (chocolate lab pup + old sheepdog) for Xmas day plus all the humans the livingroom is too small! All the other decorations are up and the presents will wait in the closet until the daughter & boyfriend arrive.
I am at the animal hospital where we do boarding for 7am tomorrow. There are 19 cats, 4 bunnies, 3 rats, 1 gerbil, 1 parrot, plus 5 other exotic birds to feed and clean cages. Hopefully it will go well, with no sick kitties although I arrived this evening to 3 cages with vomit & one cat has the runs - they are just trying to adjust to being cooped up.
Christine and Carole I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Jane :angel:
Harley the "Monkey-boy"
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Jane...it sounds wonderful. :)
Dolly_Christmas2010.JPG
Christine

Post by Christine »

And the winner is....Do Dolly and Katie like to cuddle together? Will they share the new bed? She is so cute!
?/1999 - 10/25/08
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Don't know yet, we'll see. That's kind of Dolly's spot behind the TV. Katie is more cold natured and likes her playpen where she can burrow into her comforter. :cold: If I can get a good picture of Katie in her new fuzzy scarf tomorrow I will upload it. We didn't go for a stroller ride today. I didn't want to take her to the mall parking lot where we usually walk because it would have been too deserted. I did that last year and the mall Security car came and politely asked us if we were going to be there much longer. Do you know the new bed was only $5? I bought it months ago (to put in the top of the closet for Christmas) and was amazed when I took the bow off the tag today and saw the price again. Don't remember where I found it. The fuzzy scarf was $6.99. I love looking for presents all year and saving them up, it's a double joy knowing you didn't spend much! :D
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Scarf2010.JPG
janew

Post by janew »

Wow, that's a priceless picture...it looks like an angora cat body with a chi head!!! Something from Greek mytholgy in a stroller. Too cute!!
Christine

Post by Christine »

How precious...she looks like a little princess!
?/1999 - 10/25/08
sdrakkan

Post by sdrakkan »

Happy Holidays everyone! I couldn't get Stanley to stay still with his elf hat on to take a picture...I tried though! My last kitten went to her new home as a little boys christmas present. I'm back down to 2 cats! WOOHOO!
http://sabrieldrakkan.deviantart.com/
http://sdrakkan.webs.com/index.htm
4 Ball Pythons, 1 Cornsnake, 3 Boas, 3 Tarantulas, 1 Quaker Parrot, 2 Tuxedo Cats, and 21 darling rescue Rats.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Look what I came home to today. There were 3 of them in the bed. By the time I got the camera, Dolly was climbing out. The longhaired cat is Sammy, age 13, and the tabby and white is Libby, age under one year. The thermostat was 76, so it wasn't cold! :wub:
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
Christine

Post by Christine »

Oh, I just love it when they cuddle together. Yours look totally guilty! I never tire of watching Penny and Panda together.
Attachments
switchies.JPG
snuggles.JPG
?/1999 - 10/25/08