Peekeeper

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
speterson0618

Peekeeper

Post by speterson0618 »

:idea: Does anyone know if these are the best way to keep a diaper on a doggie? I've got a dachsie that can slip out of anything! :roll:

http://shop.peekeeper.com/main.sc
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Re: Peekeeper

Post by Bobbie »

I have heard good things about them on the wheelcorgi list, although they only fit a small corgi.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
speterson0618

Post by speterson0618 »

Thanks Bobbie! I've always loved those little Pembrokes--a doggie fit for the Queen :wink:
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Post by Bobbie »

If you get one post a review, it is nice to keep track of what works and what doesn't.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
speterson0618

Post by speterson0618 »

Will do! :D
hishughness

Post by hishughness »

Not only did I find this product without value, the staff at the company are rude. THE COMPANY DOES NOT STAND BEHIND ITS PRODUCT. It is promoted heavily as escape proof, but my Chihuahua, Lucy, easily wriggled out of it every time I put it on. Under no circumstances would I recommend this diaper holder. There are better product available. It is notable that the company lists neither a physical address nor a phone number on its web site; that certainly limits the means by which dissatisfied customers can reach the company. Also, note that PeeKeeper is not carried on Amazon.com, which imposes rigorous standards on its merchandisers; the products they sell have to work.
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Post by Bobbie »

Hmm.. I just got three well-loved ones donated with a cart, and the owner said they were close to ordering new ones, that they worked great for them. Don't know if he had any customer service problems but he didn't mention them. He used it with a male corgi but others have used it with females. I wonder if it was a sizing issue. Sorry to hear customer service isn't good. I have looked at these but can't quite figure out how they work yet!
Bobbie Mayer
rachelfw14

Post by rachelfw14 »

I love the PeeKeepers! I think it is sad when someone bashes a company that has done wonders for others. They have a website and also sell on Ebay ..Check Ebay out for reviews there is over 900 customers who have given positive feedback. There is always someone who will be unhappy about something. I have a Boston Terrier and a handicapped Doxie who has a cart. My Doxie scoots across the room on his belly and the PeeKeeper still stays on. Both my dogs wear the PeeKeeper all day and night. If it wasn't for this diaper I would have gone crazy. It has saved my marriage, my sanity and my home. Customer service was very helpful. There is a contact page and they answered multiple emails because I had many questions within an hour. Do yourself a favor get a PeeKeeper if your dog has problems keeping other diapers on. You won't be sorry.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

rachelfw14 wrote:I love the PeeKeepers! I think it is sad when someone bashes a company that has done wonders for others. Well, I figured out a long time ago that there's no such thing as something that works for everybody, especially with critter pee products. I've kissed MANY a toad with them myself (but I admit I know NOTHING about PeeKeepers in particular
0. Just saying...
They have a website and also sell on Ebay ..Check Ebay out for reviews there is over 900 customers who have given positive feedback. There is always someone who will be unhappy about something. VERY true. I have a Boston Terrier and a handicapped Doxie who has a cart. My Doxie scoots across the room on his belly and the PeeKeeper still stays on. Both my dogs wear the PeeKeeper all day and night. If it wasn't for this diaper I would have gone crazy. It has saved my marriage, my sanity and my home. Customer service was very helpful. There is a contact page and they answered multiple emails because I had many questions within an hour. Do yourself a favor get a PeeKeeper if your dog has problems keeping other diapers on. You won't be sorry.
:whale:
cleininger2

Post by cleininger2 »

Well, I am VERY sorry I purchased the peekeeper and urge everyone to stay away from it. I should have known better, since it's not available on Amazon. This product is ridiculous and the customer support is even worse. My dog got her mouth on one of the flimsy straps and it basically fell apart. She escaped it in less than 5 seconds. She did not chew it, she bit it. She's only 15 pounds, and bit half through the strap, so they would not refund my money. The SurgiSnuggly is available on amazon for a fraction of the price, and is actually a great product, has prime shipping, and is backed by Amazon's usual free return shipping guarantee. The SurgiSnuggjly is a 5 star product.
hishughness

Post by hishughness »

In response to rachelfw14 and critters above: What is even sadder is when a customer posts an honest review of a product and/or service, and is targeted in an ad hominem attack by others who have had a different experience. The very purpose of customer reviews is to pass on the range of experiences with providers; it contradicts that purpose when such reviews are savaged. What is even more discouraging is that one of the reviews, by critters, is from one of the founders of this site; that kind of response undermines the entire legitimacy of the review process. For what it is worth, the staff at PeeKeepers was among the rudest I have encountered in three-quarters of a century of dealing with merchants. Customers -- and the merchant -- should have access to that evaluation without sniping from other reviewers.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

hishughness wrote:In response to rachelfw14 and critters above: What is even sadder is when a customer posts an honest review of a product and/or service, and is targeted in an ad hominem attack by others who have had a different experience. The very purpose of customer reviews is to pass on the range of experiences with providers; it contradicts that purpose when such reviews are savaged. What is even more discouraging is that one of the reviews, by critters, is from one of the founders of this site; that kind of response undermines the entire legitimacy of the review process. I didn't attack you, nor did I review the product. For what it is worth, the staff at PeeKeepers was among the rudest I have encountered in three-quarters of a century of dealing with merchants. Customers -- and the merchant -- should have access to that evaluation without sniping from other reviewers.
sweetpaws

Post by sweetpaws »

speterson0618 wrote::idea: Does anyone know if these are the best way to keep a diaper on a doggie? I've got a dachsie that can slip out of anything! :roll:

http://shop.peekeeper.com/main.sc
Yes, i also have read positive things about Peekeeper. I found out too that it is the only harnessed dog diaper on the market and it easily wraps around a dog.