hello, it's me and cricket

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
connie

hello, it's me and cricket

Post by connie »

hello everyone,
i didn't realize till i got a e mail from christine , just how long it's been since i been posting. so so sorry. my excuse is the 15 hour work days i do and my elderly mother is been so ill, falling a lot. my life has been upside down, but i truly miss this site. my boy cricket is doing wonderfully, still spinal walks and runs. he is upset with his mommy cause i have a new boyfriend tho. lol. he likes him but will not let the man hug me at all. he goes berserk lol. a wee bit jealous. steve adores him tho and is very understanding of him. offers to take him on trips if i want to go off. so i am blessed.
i do hope everyone and your fur babies are well and happy. no matter how hard i try to find time to get on site, i can't come up with a minute lately. i work from 4 am to 7 pm or later sometimes. then mom's care. hardly have time to go on a date, so don't know why this man wants me lol.
i have a new camera so as soon as weather permits i want to get a new video of cricket to share with you all. we been having so many tornado's it not funny. just last night, one 2 miles outside my city limits. so scary, storms galore everywhere.
well got to get back to work, am taking a small break to express cricket and get a bit to eat. take care everyone and hug those pets for me. we ar truly blessed with our fur kids.
pray for all the tornado victims and flooding, water been everywhere here around me and my town.
stay safe and hugs, miss you all. hope to chat soon. christine has my e mail if ya ever need me or want to say hi.
love ya all,
connie and cricket
Christine

Re: hello, it's me and cricket

Post by Christine »

connie's got a boyfriend........connie's got a boyfriend.........I love it! It's time you had someone help take care of you and cricket man!! So glad you are okaye!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
connie

Post by connie »

and christine he is a good looking younger man at that!! lol. i must have done something right. lol. he is a widower, he was married since he was 18 and he is 55 now, she died of cancer 3 years ago. he nursed her till the end at home.( impressed) he's just a hard working , down to earth country man. so good to my dog, which is a MUST! lol. cricket loves him until he hugs me, kisses is a no no in front of cricket, he howls like a mad dog. lol. steve put him on couch beside us last night, then put his hand on my knee, cricket took his paws and pushed it off. lol lol. so jealous i think lol.
yes it is time i found someone, but we don't get much time. his mother just died last week, we been going from my mom's to his for last 5 months. hard to find any time the way i work, but we fit in a meal and date some. he wants to take me on trips but can't find anyone to express cricket. i tried to train someone, but cricket won't let them. any suggestions? vet can't either, she tried. he is a brat! lol
take care ya'll. got to get to bed now. i just worked from 4 am to 7 pm and i am dead on my feet. will try to check in a bit more . i miss this site and all of you so much.
hugs, connie and cricket
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Wow, Connie. Sorry I did not answer sooner, I was on the road. A tornado right outside of town, that is close! I'm glad it went no further. I hope this man spoils you. It sounds like he is the kind who likes to take care of people, it must be a be a treat for you when you always take care of everybody else all the time? It's about your turn, isn't it? Don't know what to suggest about Cricket, if the vet can't express him I don't know who can. :lol: Maybe that's just his way of being sure you never leave the little guy for long... :wub: Looking forward to the new video. :D
Christine

Post by Christine »

There has to be a Cesar video with a solution to this. I know I have seen an episode like this. I will see what I can find. He has to be pretty special for Cricket to accept him at all.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
raiders mom

Post by raiders mom »

Haven't been to the site in such a long time.Glad you and Cricket are doing good and the new boyfriend sounds like an answered prayer. Cricket is looking spunky as always in the video.Raider Tzu is wonderful..he's really slowing down though but I guess at 12 he has every right to.He still has to play every night with a squeeky and tug is still the favorite game.He still loves to go camping and fishing but spends more time lying in the shade napping now. The vet still calls him the miracle dog and says he is in great health, he is going to put him on rimadyl this fall so maybe the arthritus in his back and hips won't botter him so bad when the weather turns cold. Try to take a little time for yourself and relax!! If you can't find someone that Cricket will let express him, I guess you'll have to take a trp by car and take Cricket with you. Glad you are happy and well. Wishing you only the best!!
Kathy (Raider's Mom)