A stray that was gone for quite awhile suddenly returned

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
Les

A stray that was gone for quite awhile suddenly returned

Post by Les »

The other week Deb and I couldn't believe our eyes as we saw a stray that had been gone for at least over a year return-we are pretty darn sure that it is the cat we thought we saw back then because it is a beautiful, distinctive gray and white longhair. Okay, we know that there are MANY reasons and circumstances for this but we are shocked that after that long a time it would return to our house. Deb hopes that someone didn't take it in and now threw it out again-who knows? It doesn't hang around all the time-at least we don't see it, you know-and it looks very healthy. Last night it was on the picnic table looking in and 5 of our guys/girls were just watching it from inside-no hissing, growling or anything. We haven't put food out because we REALLY don't want to start that again but we feel for this one; again, it isn't in distress but we wonder why the heck after all this time away it would return here??? We always figured that someone took it in and possibly that was the case....

Maybe soon to be the 11 "S"s although we really don't want to but we'll see.... :shock: :?
cricketsmom

Re: A stray that was gone for quite awhile suddenly returned

Post by cricketsmom »

I would suspect this kitty knows where food and love are :) He/She could still belong to someone and be roaming around the neighborhood, but who knows... I guess you can watch a little longer to make sure before taking him/her in 8)
vet tech and pet mom
critters
Founding Member

Re: A stray that was gone for quite awhile suddenly returned

Post by critters »

Les wrote: Maybe soon to be the 11 "S"s although we really don't want to but we'll see.... :shock: :?
Know the feeling... :D