Look who came for Christmas

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
CarolC

Re: Look who came for Christmas

Post by CarolC »

Sheri, who is bigger, Darth or Pete?
sheri m

Post by sheri m »

I know if you can make it work you will. If not I know you will find her a good home as an only child. It is always good to hear from you.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Thanks, and glad to hear Pete is still Pete. :D :grouph:
sheri m

Post by sheri m »

Darth is 14 years old and weighs 9lbs Pete is 16 and weighs 20lbs. They curl up together lots of time. I have had Darth since he was 5wks old and he was a spoiled only child.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

So today it's like it never happened.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

2 pm this afternoon
2 pm this afternoon
sheri m

Post by sheri m »

She looks very much at home. I am happy for all.
Jean

Post by Jean »

Carol glad everything has settled down. Millie has probably never had a "true" mom and she is fighting to keep the only one who has probably ever cared about her. With time Dolly will come to love her sister Millie. They just need to establish the pack order./Jean
PS: When I took Angel my paralyzed Shih Tuz back to the ortho Dr. after his neck surgery he said he was please with his progress. Then, he said it's time to let him enjoy life again and just be a doggy. Like you Carol, I have a tendency to protect my pets with disabilities in relation to my normal pets. But, that is normal. But, Dolly will have so much fun with Millie. Millie is so lucky she found you !!!!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Well, true to her terrier nature, she cannot tolerate skunks in her back yard. She got sprayed on her face a few nights ago, had to be bathed with skunk shampoo, and ended up vomiting from the smell. 3 nights later the skunk is back in the yard and she is out there barking her head off hazing the skunk but not getting sprayed. Big skunk with a big beautiful tail straight up in the air and she is just barely far enough away not to get tagged. It took me TEN MINUTES out there in the dark with the water hose on high to drive the dog off to the corner of the yard and scare the skunk back under the fence. I was out there screaming at her so neighbors could probably hear me a block away. :oops: Now it is getting dark and I am going to have to bring her in because she doesn't have the sense to leave them alone and I can't be bathing her every night. ********sigh******** I went to work with stinky shoes, the skunk must have sprayed the grass and I walked through it getting them separated. The whole house smells a little skunky. :(
Christine

Post by Christine »

Oh wow...abnd in the middle of the night! A friend of mine had to deal with that a lot with big old labs. She washed them ion tomato juice to get rid of the smell.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:hysterical:

I think Myth Busters showed that oxygen killed the stink the best, like via hydrogen peroxide. Think you need to look up that episode!! :mrgreen:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Jean wrote: Is she part Yorkie?
Jean, I never answered you and that was a long time ago, I'm sorry. Things were crazy. At first I was thinking she was maybe a border terrier but I think you're right, Yorkie mix. I'd guess Yorkie-JRT.