Canada was a success :)

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
cricketsmom

Canada was a success :)

Post by cricketsmom »

Hi All, sorry I've been MIA lately...

Quite a while back I mentioned trying to plan a trip to Prince Edward Island, Canada with my mom and my kitty Cricket. We finally went the end of last month, and it was a success :) It was overwhelming for the humans - three hour commute to the airport then three different flights to get there and three flights to get back with a total of six airports to navigate! But Cricket did really well. The flying didn't seem to scare her, and in general the airport staff welcomed her. I was a bit surprised to find that I had to remove her from her carrier and hold her in my arms when going through security screenings. It makes sense that they have to run the carrier through the scanner, but I didn't think of that beforehand! Going through Canadian customs was pretty straight-forward - they just needed her rabies certificate. When we got to the island, we stayed in a cabin, and she just took over like she owned it. :) We all ended up having a great trip together, and the island was a lovely place.

Also, for anyone who's interested, Healing Heart Sanctuary was recently awarded a 10K grant through Chase Community Giving! I'm very excited they are getting some very welcome resources. I'm hoping next year, a trip to Utah to finally visit the place in person and see Ed/Kite again will be on the agenda. :) We'll see what 2013 brings for us.
Attachments
Stretching out and claiming the bed
Stretching out and claiming the bed
Looking out through the big window at the bay
Looking out through the big window at the bay
vet tech and pet mom
Christine

Re: Canada was a success :)

Post by Christine »

That is wonderful! I was born in Germany and have never seen it as an adult, but before I do that I have always wanted to go to Prince Edward Island first! I have been drawn to it for years and years because of the Ann of Avonlea stories and series. I would love to see more pictures if you took a lot. (I will send you my email if you have time anytime in the future.)

Great news about Healing Heart Sanctuary. They are so deserving of the donation. Good to hear from you!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

sounds like a great trip for all.
i love her little pants, they look like bikini bottoms, how appropriate ;)
i've been collecting assorted baby clothes for Black Cherry and Butterbean :)

so, where are you going with her next? sounds like she is good to travel!
more picts pls.
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

It sounds like you made memories to last a lifetime. Cricket looks so contented and happy. :wub: The destination sounds worth the effort.

The other good news is that Pilots N Paws who transported Ed also won a grant from Chase Giving, so both organizations are winners.