Homemade pill pockets

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
FYI

Homemade pill pockets

Post by FYI »

Jean

Re: Homemade pill pockets

Post by Jean »

Thank you this is going to save me a fortune. I go through these so quickly!!!
So many people have peanut allergies.
Do to that I have been a little hesitant to give peanut butter biscuits, etc.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Hmm. Let us know if anybody tries it. We have the dog ones auto-shipped from Amazon at a discount. The dog ones are SO much bigger (for the same price) that I can usually use 1/4 or 1/2 of one, yet I can use a whole one for lots of pills. Pill Pockets made SUCH a difference in Georgie's life!!
Jean

Post by Jean »

I get mine through KV vet and get a good discount as well but with the meds my bunch take I spend a lot each month on pill pockets. I have even been using a cheaper alternative called Flavor Doh. It is in a container similar to what you purchase Play Doh in. I will give this a try. If it works it will be well worth the time.
Does anyone know anything about peanut allergies in pets? Is it as prevalent as in humans?
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Never heard of peanut allergies in critters.
Jean

Post by Jean »

I made up a huge batch of this using water in place of milk, whole wheat flour and crunch peanut butter. I am keeping it in the refrigerator. I love the consistency. The flour keeps it from being sticky. The dogs love it. It is going to save me a fortune with all that I have to medicate. Thanks Lee.