Butterbean was a STAR

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Butterbean was a STAR

Post by BendyMom »

(by Butterbean himself):

yes i was
mom went to the trade show today put on by the pet supply distributor. sales people representing all the companies are there. So mom took me, i loved it. everyone said how pretty my eyes are, how friendly i am, how unusual for a kitty to ride in a baby sling so well. I was given a catnip fish AND a catnip cigar. Sales people had me test their treats.
then we came to this wonderful table.
the man sat on teh floor with me and OPENED A CAN! I dove in, it was 100%chicken. NOMNOMNOMNOM!!!
the brand is called Hounds and Gatos, it is a small USA company and this man is the owner and he loves ME. he even gave me mom six free cans of food for ME. at the show they usually have really good specials, so mom did order me some of that fud. he said normally you had to order 8 diffrent kinds to get the 25% off but he would let mom order whatever she wanted. I saw her order trout and beef and lamb.
if any kitties here are interested in trying this wonnerful very good for you food i will let you know when we get it, should be a couple weeks (sighs). they also have rabbit and chicken (i hope mom got me more chicken).

i'll have to ask him if he needs a spokes cat!

aqnd i discovered that I LOVE dehydrated apples. for kicks a man offered me one and I CHOMPED it down. he gave mom a bag of the treats he said 'well, now I have to give you a bag!' it was fun.
the owner of Dave's cat food was there and was rude so mom ignored him.

i am all tuckered out now. it was a huge day!

Here is me with all my loot
(pict is off the phone so not very good)
Attachments
butterbeanloot3.jpg
butterbeanloot2.jpg
butterbeanloot.jpg
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
CarolC

Re: Butterbean was a STAR

Post by CarolC »

That's pretty cool. What a nice man that was, to give him such yummy food. And it's neat to know that Butterbean is such a calm kitty that he can sit on the floor in the middle of so much going on, and enjoy a good meal. It reminds me a little of Morris the cat from the TV commercials. I read a book about him and the way he was chosen was the man went to a shelter and looked at cats. He found Morris and tested him by dropping a metal bowl in the pen with him, and he didn't react, so that big yellow cat became the Morris of TV fame. Your Butterbean apparently has some of the same self-possession, at least when he's with his mom. What is it about yellow tabby cats? :D
Christine

Post by Christine »

What a lovely experience for you and Butterbean! Don't know who Dave is, but "phooey" on him. I think Butterbean would do anything for you for saving him and giving him such a wonderful life.

Here is my yellow (and white) tabby from years ago...Mr. Beasley. His personality was a cross between Garfield and Morris.
Attachments
Beasley and Me.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Baby likes those big dos, too. Being the sole cat (usually) in the do is a lovely thing, she says. :mrgreen:
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

critters, what is a 'do'?

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
Christine

Post by Christine »

She's talkin bout the hairDO - curly :mrgreen:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Christine wrote:She's talkin bout the hairDO - curly :mrgreen:
Nah! A do is a party, get-together, or whatever.
marilynb

Post by marilynb »

CarolC wrote:That's pretty cool. What a nice man that was, to give him such yummy food. And it's neat to know that Butterbean is such a calm kitty that he can sit on the floor in the middle of so much going on, and enjoy a good meal. It reminds me a little of Morris the cat from the TV commercials. I read a book about him and the way he was chosen was the man went to a shelter and looked at cats. He found Morris and tested him by dropping a metal bowl in the pen with him, and he didn't react, so that big yellow cat became the Morris of TV fame. Your Butterbean apparently has some of the same self-possession, at least when he's with his mom. What is it about yellow tabby cats? :D

love those yellow tabby cats, I had two.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

the sales guy actually said Butterbean reminded him of Morris :)

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed