Stanley is our latest addition ha ha!!

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
Les

Stanley is our latest addition ha ha!!

Post by Les »

Hello all!

You may remember that we lost our Simon on May 15th as I posted on here; what a tough loss that was as he was such a wonderful cat, more like a dog-that was one of the worst weeks of our lives, actually, as I know you all can relate.....the week before he got sick I saw a picture of a white cat in our local paper, Wyatt, who had lived outside in these harsh Winters and was rescued; we have for a long time wanted to adopt a white cat and name it "Snowball", and his pictures on the website www.thecatshack.com in Trexlertown, PA. showed him as a frail, older looking cat that looked like he could use a good home, so Deb and I went up to see him at the local Petsmart, but we both had "bad vibes" about it, something didn't feel right, but we went anyway. Well, the woman from the Cat Shack never showed up to meet us as promised, and Wyatt was nothing like his pictures, thankfully for him, but he was BIG and when we were petting him we noticed that he was pretty playfully "aggressive", and we knew it wouldn't be a good mix bringing in a big, strong-willed cat like that especially since the cats were still adjusting to the loss, so we passed. Well, a few days ago where I work, we got another probable "drop-off" as this young, maybe 8-12 month old black/grey tabby was crying outside, and the girls fed him and I got very attached very quickly and we took him in, a woman that has WAY MORE cats than me took him home, we were trying to see if anyone claimed him as we put flyers in all the mailboxes around but as usual no one claimed him, they probably moved and kicked him out, but after a few days of hearing "my brother might take him", "my neighbor knows somebody" etc. etc no one came through so I took him-he is at our vet now, getting tested for diseases and getting neutered, and he is such a friendly cat we HOPE that we can introduce him to our family through the big dog cage for the first few days of course, but him being younger and littler it should be easier to bring him in than an older and/or bigger cat. I think enough time has gone by, maybe he was sent here for a reason-maybe Simon sent him?! I put the cage up last night so that the others see it, get used it, and they all probably remember they once were in it too so they probably know someone is on the way-in fact, they were laying around it last night and this morning, almost like they were saying "well, where is he?" :D

Please wish us luck! And visit that website, click on Wyatt to see his pictures and look at the LAST ones FIRST so you can see what we saw-they even apologized that they didn't have newer pictures up but they do now and they did a GREAT job cleaning him up as he looks GREAT and I hope that he gets a great home too-they did say he'd be better in a low-number cat house because he is a little "dominant". But he looks nothing like his original photos-he looks so good now!

Here we go-AGAIN!!! :shock: :D