Help Dog Scratch Ears??

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
charlie2010

Help Dog Scratch Ears??

Post by charlie2010 »

Hi All,

This is my first post. My 4 year old healthy cocker spaniel woke up one morning in April and couldn't walk. He had slipped a disc and was paralyzed. We had surgery immediately and he did regain about 90% of his feeling and thankfully can walk again. However, he can't get either leg up to scratch his ears. Cockers are of course known for chronic ear problems which we are trying to prevent. But has anyone come up with a good simple problem to help them scratch their ears. Even a type of carped nailed on a board, like a cat scratching post? I'm not too handy but trying to make something to help him out when I'm not around to scratch his ears for him.

critters
Founding Member

Re: Help Dog Scratch Ears??

Post by critters »

:slant: Good idea! You could try lots of cheap ideas like that to see what he likes. He might even like a Zoom Groom http://www.amazon.com/KONG-ZoomGroom-Gr ... zoom+groom mounted where he can reach it. I used to have to help my Ares get his ears, too.
charlie2010

Re: Help Dog Scratch Ears??

Post by charlie2010 »

Oh great idea. Thanks for the input, willing to try anything to help my poor little guy :)