My old girl made it to 14!

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
JaynTinks

My old girl made it to 14!

Post by JaynTinks »

Here's my old girl Inca, she's nearly blind and her back end is going and I really didn't think she was going to even make it to last xmas let alone her next birthday! .. but she's 14 years old today!

She's had a lovely morning going to visit her ducks, sitting on her favourite bench in the sun and opening her presents.

Lamaze do good sensory toys they're meant for young babies but if you have a dog that's not destructive they soft toys have different sounds and textures.

This is the stacking rings as Inca enjoys pulling the rings off. Each ring has a different texture and sound

She also got the 'My first Fishbowl' with different sea creatures in, each creature has different sound and texture, again she just enjoys taking them out and putting them in again. I also hide edible treats in here and put some edible treats in shaped like 'turtles' and fish skin treats.

She also got a regular dog interactive puzzle that can be played 3 different ways..all the treats can be contained within the puzzle making it easier for a blind dog to find them especially as she's immobile laid down, the pieces are easy to slide with her nose too, as she struggles to keep her balance if she has to move her paws too, too much.

CarolC

Re: My old girl made it to 14!

Post by CarolC »

Ohmygosh! I'm a day late, but Happy Birthday to Inca!!! Love the little cake surrounded by dog bones, and she has more games and puzzles than any 100 dogs I know! Yes, it is a trick to find toys they can play with lying down with only the use of their front feet, but you found so many! Happy, happy birthday to a much loved and very special dog. :wub:
:newyear: :5balloons: :cake: :present: :party:
critters
Founding Member

Re: My old girl made it to 14!

Post by critters »

What GREAT ideas! You should repost this on the senior bb.