my little Butterbean is quite a handful of problems

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

my little Butterbean is quite a handful of problems

Post by BendyMom »

I almost lost him Sunday. He has pulled through, combination of a GI obstruction and massive cystitis, he crashed so fast it was unbelievable.
we spent the afternoon at the e-vet and monday at the regular vet. now he is back to himself again. my silly happy boy who found me here on handicappedpets.net

i have lost 4 of my seniors this year, it has been a bad bad year.
I am taking this week to rest and try and recoup a bit. I was supposed to be going away (takng the 3 daper kids wth me) but with Bean's sudden crash i had to cancel those plans. but i can still try and take it easy here at home.
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
CarolC

Re: my little Butterbean is quite a handful of problems

Post by CarolC »

Oh man, I'm glad you were able to figure out what was wrong, it can be hit or miss with the weekend emergency vet, it depends on who you get. I'm sorry to hear about your senior cats. Four is a lot. The house feels so different when certain ones are gone.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

this clinic is usually pretty good. i've been happy with teh care tehre every time i've gone. Bean is kind of over and above what you ask of most vets tho.

Egypt was one who passed away. My liver failure/starvation surviver, the cat who the vet had give a 5% chance of making it back in 2004. he was an old man, thin, frail, and a permanent fixture of my stovetop. The hosue is really empty wthout him.

he went peacefully, at least.
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Poor little fella! You're so right about a house being so empty without some of them... I'm sorry for your losses. :(