Folding a dog crate

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
critters
Founding Member

Re: Folding a dog crate

Post by critters »

Good thing I figured this out. I may be getting a wonky cat with clubbed hands who's also been hit by a car. Injury today.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Bummer about your door! :( Maybe you can stain it or touch it up?

That would be great if you could get the new kitty. :wub: I really hope it works out.

I just set aside an unopened bag of handles and 2 hooks, may not get them sent right away, maybe in a week?
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

LOL. No, it's a gouge. I'm not concerned, though. My house was built by a crook 50 years ago, so when I sell either a flipper will strip it to the studs and start over or they'll knock it down. Either way won't be my problem!!

How do you have a new bag of clips and a handle? Are they sold separately? Not a dog crate expert!! :haha: I hate to take your pieces parts though? You might need them.

The big red fella (looks a lot like Koi Boy) had to be syringe fed yesterday by the rescuer. I don't know what vet they took him to, but I'm not convinced that he/she knows what's going on with disability stuff, so I've sent the rescuer a couple of links. They don't think he's out of the woods in regards to the HBC injuries yet. He seems to be a sweet fella, though.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I feel the same way about my house. I love the old mid-century tile and formica, etc., but after me they will probably completely remodel it.

I have a whole Target sack of handles and hooks. The handles are unopened because I don't use them. I can't lift a crate, I have to hitch my foot under it and walk it on top of my foot, so the handle is no good to me. I don't use the hooks anymore, I use zip ties. The ones in the closet are zip tied. The main thing I really use a hook for is to hang a bag of LRS from the door handle on the kitchen cabinet, it's PERFECT for that. I have 5 crates set up here, and 5 more that are collapsed in the closet, partly because we went from 42" to 48" crates and I saved the old ones. I already set some aside for you, will try to send in the next week or so.
parts.JPG
Hope he does OK today...
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

How is he doing now?
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Ah, I see. Well, we'll thank you for them!!

I'm not sure how he's doing. She posted a pic of him eating by himself yesterday at 12:30 am, but I can't find any references since then.