Poppy's hydrotherapy site

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
CarolC

Poppy's hydrotherapy site

Post by CarolC »

I just went to click on Poppy's website where she does hydrotherapy in a baby wading pool, and it looks like Abledogs has closed their site. Oh, no!

It is still on archive.org, thank goodness, just like the original except the original used to play a song when you visited. Thank goodness for archive.org.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030212074 ... poppy.html

I wish I could say thank you to the maker of Poppy's site for all the cheer and inspiration it has given. It certainly encouraged me when I needed it.
:thankyou:
critters
Founding Member

Re: Poppy's hydrotherapy site

Post by critters »

It's hard to believe Abledogs closed! :shock:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I know. :( And the other not-good news is, Yahoo is closing down all the Yahoogroups in December. They are giving people suggestions of different other website platforms to move their groups to. If I was a Yahoogroup owner I'd be hysterical about now. They say the groups are little used. In my opinion, maybe they should have let the active groups stay, and only closed down the small or inactive groups, and not allowed new groups to be formed. They do have some active groups, and some of them are for pets! I am thinking of Bobbie's wheelcorgis group and Sharon's disabled ducks group and I think there is a lethal white aussie group Karen is involved with. All these people have been doing good work and helping people help their pets, and now they are going to have to migrate to some other platform.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I think that's been coming a very long time, but I hadn't heard that it was that close.