Peanut ball and pump

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
CarolC

Peanut ball and pump

Post by CarolC »

I bought a small peanut ball, and it came without a pump, so I also got a pump. Here is what I got, in case anyone else is looking to do PT with your pet at home. I don't know if I got the best deal on the Internet, but I'm happy with them.

peanut_ball_flat.JPG
The ball is called the Gymnic Physio-Roll Blue Fitness Ball sized 12 in. I got it on School Specialty. They have bigger sizes for larger pets. The small was $44 after tax and shipping.

https://www.schoolspecialty.com/gymnic- ... lue-008912

Gymnic_physio-roll.jpg
I got the pump on :ebay: for $8 and free shipping. I think they have them much cheaper if you go to Walmart in person, but I'm still trying to stay out of stores. I got this kind because it is like the one in the video I watched on how to inflate a peanut ball.

I'm not inflating it today but I'll post a picture when I do. :D
critters
Founding Member

Re: Peanut ball and pump

Post by critters »

So that's a foot pump, then? People should know, too, that they can get electric pumps for, say, $20-25, as well, especially for a bigger ball. I'd also suggest noting whether a ball needle or any special adapters are required for inflating the ball.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Yeah, the ball came with 2 white plastic adapter or needle and plug things. They're in the plastic envelope but you can't see them with the glare. I saw a video that suggested blowing it up part way and waiting, then blowing it up the rest of the way the next way. I just hope it stays inflated. I don't see how it can support 270 lbs with a white plug you just push in. It only has to support 10.

Isn't it funny how something simple can be so helpful, like a video on how to inflate a peanut ball? It isn't like trying to program a thermostat, but it gives you more confidence seeing someone else do it. It's like how to fold a dog crate. Sounds simple till you try it.

If I remember correctly, they had a pump that would probably work for under two dollars if you went into the store at Wal-Mart. I think you are mostly paying for shipping on eBay. :lol:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Here it is. I wonder if I over-inflated it. It doesn't have much of a dip in the middle. I can let some air out.

The pump was great. I really thought when I ordered it that it was going to be some cheap plastic Mickey Mouse thing where the hose would come loose and the bellows wouldn't pump and the adapter would pop out of the ball, a general headache. None of that happened. It worked like a champ! I'd like to post the brand but it doesn't have one. It was sold by a store called theraquatics on eBay.

peanut_ball_inflated.JPG
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I don't think they have a lot of dip in the middle, but, yeah, you could try letting air out. As for folding dog crates, that's an evil proposition anyway! Ours pops right up, but folding is another story.