Pop-up pet playpen

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
CarolC

Pop-up pet playpen

Post by CarolC »

Just wanted to report how this worked out. I have a small dog recovering from being quadriplegic. He has central cord syndrome so his hind legs work better than his front legs right now. I was scared to put him in a normal hard-sided pet carrier because he sometimes springs himself with his strong hind legs and I was afraid he might hurt himself inside a confined space. I've been transporting him riding on the floor of the passenger seat padded with blankets, but he wanted to come over the console to me, which was distracting me from driving.

So I got this pet playpen to put in the cargo area of the hatchback. It was under $20. It's easy to set up, easy to fold up, and doesn't weigh anything. I put layers of absorbent pads and quilts and his fuzzy blanket in the bottom. He looked really comfortable and was quiet on the ride!

Here is the one I got. It was from Chewy. It's called the Fur Haven soft sided cat and dog playpen.

pop-up_playpen.JPG
critters
Founding Member

Re: Pop-up pet playpen

Post by critters »

Neat idea! Personally, I wouldn't use it with the Bad Boys, though, because most of them would claw and/or eat through it! :twisted:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Yeah, that was why I was glad it was $19.99. Pip has gnawed a couple of little holes in the net of his $70 Graco playpen. Dolly chewed an expensive playpen a few years ago, too. I don't know if you can tell in the photo but this one has a zip-on ceiling made of the same netting so it it fully contained. An awful lot of handwork went into making them. It's ingenious.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Yes, I thought it had a roof.