Another Snugglesafe Heatpad Fire

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
pilotmama

Another Snugglesafe Heatpad Fire

Post by pilotmama »

A month ago, our rabbit hutch was destroyed by a fire caused by a Snugglesafe heatpad. This was purchased by Amazon, and it's taken a pre-action letter spelling out product liability law to get them to agree to pay for damages caused. Thank goodness the rabbits had 24/7 access to their run or that would have been the end of them. I've posted a review on Amazon with a photo of what was left of the hutch and run. Trading Standards and the Fire Service have been involved and luckily there was even CCTV footage of the flash caused by the hutch bursting into flames. Poor rabbits - they must be so traumatised. I searched for Snugglesafe in the search box above, and the number of incidents of this nature is shocking: search.php?keywords=snugglesafe
CarolC

Re: Another Snugglesafe Heatpad Fire

Post by CarolC »

:banner:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I am SO glad your rabbits had a way to get away from it. Good heavens!

I made a copy of your post and added it to the Snugglesafe Warning thread.

viewtopic.php?p=113981#p113981

Hopefully Christine will be able to stop by, too. The same thing happened to her. It started a fire in her dog house. It's terrible when you're trying to be so considerate and give your pets the very best care, and then something like this happens. I'm so glad your little ones are OK.
:angel:
Christine

Re: Another Snugglesafe Heatpad Fire

Post by Christine »

I am so sorry this happened to you and also glad your rabbits were not physically harmed. I am beyond astounded that this company has been allowed to continue for the 13 years I have been monitoring them! Our only defense is educating others. Every chance we get, we must inform anyone who might be tempted to buy this product. Thank you for sharing your story and joining us!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08