Cats in Crisis

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
critters
Founding Member

Cats in Crisis

Post by critters »

Cats in Crisis, an organization that raises money for kitty medical needs, has a nifty bb, VERY friendly and hospitable, that's looking for some "cat people." I LOVE their emoticons; some are beautiful, and some even move. They use the same system as the new HP bb, so everybody should find it easy to use. Check them out at http://catsincrisis.org/phpBB/index.php ; the most active bb's are at the bottom. Mumpkees, Bendy, and I are already there, so join us. Enjoy!

PS--I'm lobbying for us to get similar "emoticons" here. LOL
VictoriaCIC

Re: Cats in Crisis

Post by VictoriaCIC »

Thanks for the support, I sure appreciate it! I just joined this forum today, so I'm hoping to get to know everyone better. Our BB is a bit slow going, so the more folks who want to join, the merrier! While our focus is special needs cats, we welcome all animal lovers to join.
On a personal note, my husband and I are currenly the caretakers of a CRF kitty named Indy. (plus 5 other kitties). Cats in Crisis was started in loving memory of Mesa, another one of our cats who had CRF. We just became aware that our guinea pig may have diabetes, so we may have another special needs critter in the household...
Needless to say, my interest in special needs animals is both personal and professional! :) I'm looking forward to learning more from everyone here on the Handicapped Pets Forum!

Victoria
President and Founder
Cats in Crisis Inc.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Glad you came by! As you've seen, it'll be GREAT to have somebody else to help with birds and exotics; they seem to come in bunches like bananas!
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

hello Victoria!

Post by Bendy Kitty »

my mom posts on your site. she didn't know if kitties were allowed to post when she signed us up.
I remember when this place was mostly critters, me, Jan, and maybe a few other people talking to each other. sometimes it seemed like days and days could go by without anything new on the board, and look at it now!!!!!

When we had Legume we posted here, and few other people had any similar experience, now there are tons of people with incontinent pets and Legume's story has helped so many other kitties!!! it makes us even prouder of our departed little 'Gumie Bean.

I'm sure with time CIC will grow and get huge, too. I am very glad to be a part of it and handicapped pets :)

headbonks and purrrrrs

bendy kitty
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
VictoriaCIC

Re: hello Victoria!

Post by VictoriaCIC »

Thanks Sasha and Bendy Kitty for the support! (BK, your photo is super cute!!) Thats what I love about these message boards, the opportunity for people to learn so much from each other and make their experiences with special needs more improved and easier.

I'm so thrilled to hear Legume's story has touched so many...and his legacy goes on daily as more and more people read about this special cat.

Victoria
CIC
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Jean has now joined too. :D
Jean

Post by Jean »

CIC is a really neat web site. I'm always trying to find new ways to enrich my "kids" lives. /Jean
VictoriaCIC

Post by VictoriaCIC »

We're so thrilled to meet so many new friends! I know we'll all benefit from our new members' experiences.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better. :)

Victoria
CIC
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Dianne has now joined too!! :D
VictoriaCIC

Post by VictoriaCIC »

Hi friends!

We've had a lot of wonderful folks from HP join the forum over at Cats in Crisis. We're so thrilled to meet so many new people who just love animals. Unfortunately we've also had a run of increased spammers on our forum, so there may have been some new legitimate users that were deleted by me.

Insert a very big OOOPS here.

If you have joined the forum and were "denied", we are so sorry for mistaking you for spammers. If you were denied and still want to join, please email me at: webmaster@catsincrisis.org and let me know.

I hate spammers, they make monitoring forums and BBs a nightmare!!!

Thanks for your understanding!!

Victoria
Cats in Crisis Inc.