HGTV Pet Shows

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
Christine

HGTV Pet Shows

Post by Christine »

HGTV is running several shows tonight (and probably tomorrow) on new pet products, super dog houses and ways that people design their homes to accommodate their pets. Thought you might be interested.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
spasmo

Re: HGTV Pet Shows

Post by spasmo »

I just got done watching the one of the ones about extravagant doghouses. I realize there are several shows like this on HGVT (and I'm not sure which one I just watched). OMG! These doghouses are pretty dang intense. I am so glad that our dog's house is the same house we live in... we couldn't afford what I saw tonight! I've always joked that we are lucky our dogs let us live here in our house with them... and now that goes double!

... shaking my head from side to side... and I thought I was WAY out there... decorating to camouflage dog hair... gold stained concrete floors... taking a wad of dog hair to Target so I could pick out curtains to match... that seems pretty tame now! LOL!
Anna B
proud dog hair collector
connie

Post by connie »

i also just watched that doghouses show tonight, made cricket leave room. he seems to always gets what he wants, but i have to draw the line on those houses. lol. bad enough he gets a new toy from wal mart nearly every week. so much that if you come into home with wal mart sack he goes nuts! lol.
while i watched that show, what went through my mind was>>>> how many crippled and handicapped pets could be helped, how many animals could be rescued with the kind of money spent on those doghouses. not that i begrudge anyone that can afford the things, but if i had that kind of money, i could help so many.awwwwwwwww, never in this lifetime , but the desire and wish is there. lol.
maybe next life huh? lol.
hugs from connie
and
cricket( spoiled enough)
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

You mean like bringing home carpet samples and laying them next to the spot on the floor in a good light so you can buy the color that exactly matches...? Only miniblinds here but I dream of vertical blinds that won't collect dust from the 5 litter boxes.
spasmo

Post by spasmo »

Connie,
The same thing was running through my mind when I was watching... how many handicapped pets could be helped with the money being spent on these extravegances. I dont begrudge anyone who has more than I do either... but it would have been nice if they had mentioned it if the owners also did anything to help others. That would have made me feel better about the whole thing. There are so many people who desparately (sorry if I cant spell yet... I just woke up) love their pets and need some help.

GRRRR....

Anna
Anna B
proud dog hair collector