Anybody Speak French?

A forum where caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets can chat with one another about topics that don't fit in other categories.
markcrobinson
Site Admin

Anybody Speak French?

Post by markcrobinson »

I received this email today. Can somebody help her?

Je suis très intéressée par votre site ayant une petite chienne bouledogue français étant paralysée de l'arrière depuis 2 semaines; pouvez vous me dir si votre site existe en français ?

Merci d'avance

Catherine JEGAT
labretagne@wanadoo.fr
Mark C Robinson
HandicappedPets.com
For Elderly, Disabled, and Injured Pets; products, services, and support.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Anybody Speak French?

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

I am very interested in the rear paralyzed french bulldog. I'll have to check semaines, but wants to know, does this site translate to francais? Babelfish translates everything.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

And there is also... http://www.freetranslation.com/

"I am very interested by your site having a small female dog bulldog French being paralyzed back since 2 weeks; can you me dir if your site exists in French?

Thank-you in advance"
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

There was a new poster here from France a couple of weeks or so ago, because I emailed Debbie_Spain about her. I can't think who it was, though... ah, sylvie. Maybe she would help translate?
Barbara Boehmer

Post by Barbara Boehmer »

Mark,

I took some French classes in high school (a long time ago) and can provide a more accurate translation:

"I am very interested in your site, having a small female French bulldog that has been paralyzed in the rear for 2 weeks; Can you tell me if your site exists in French?

Thank you in advance"

Sometimes little things don't translate properly automatically. If you have something that means rear, behind, or in the back of, an automated translation may translate it as back instead of rear, making it appear as though a dog's back is paralyzed, rather than its rear.

I believe LisaInCan probably knows French fluently, but haven't heard from her in a long time.

You can just tell people to post in their native language and anybody who can interpret will, then somebody else may answer in English, then the response can be translated, and so on. That is what we do on the computer forums. One of the computer forums has a separate section for each foreign language for which someone has expressed an interest. I believe this is the best way and brought this up previously on the mbod, but you were all too busy with other issues and it was never decided upon. I don't generally browse the forums involving paralysis because I have no experience in that area and would not see a French post there, unless it was called to my attention. However, if there was a French forum, I and others who know a little French could check that regularly, provide a translation, then move it to the appropriate forum, leaving a link, so that it could be referenced from either the French or paralysis forum or appropriate category. We would then get notified of any responses and could provide additional translations. This forum could also be clearly labeled in French, so that French-speakers would not have to send you emails asking and would just see it and post there automtically.

If you will just give your approval, as I previously requested, instead of postponing the decision indefinitely, I will be happy to create a French category on this forum, then you can just send Catherine a link to it. Just to be clear, I am not talking about duplicating the entire forum in French, just providing a French category, just like we have a caretaker's cafe category or a paralysis category. Alternatively, you can send her an email advising her to post in French somewhere and hope someboy sees it and translates and moves it to the appopriate place.

Barbara
Barbara Boehmer (not a veterinarian, just a fellow pet owner)
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

Barbara Boehmer wrote:

I believe LisaInCan probably knows French fluently, but haven't heard from her in a long time.
Mais oui, but of course! Your translation was dead on. I am finally getting back into posting after dealing with my husband's accident July 21 and finding out that I got pregnant ten days before that with our first child. Hopefully this wretched nausea will subside now that I'm starting the second trimester.

Lisa.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I still think a foreign language section is a GREAT idea, and, personally, I wouldn't limit it to French. We've had so many posters from all over the globe that I would hesitate to exclude any.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

What a month you had!! I bet you'd like for it all to settle down some, but that won't happen for at least 18 years now! ;) Congratulations!!
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

WAS Anybody Speak French? Now LISA LISA LISA!

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Welcome back, I have been thinking of you often. How is your husband? YOU ARE HAVING A BABY!! YEEHAWWW!!
What a wonderful thing! WELCOME BACK!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
LisainCAN

Re: WAS Anybody Speak French? Now LISA LISA LISA!

Post by LisainCAN »

Thanks Karen and Critters. My husband has severe brain damage. He is non-verbal and he does not recognize me. I told him that I am pregnant but I don't think he understands. I need continued prayers. His name is Dean.

My animals are my joy, my passion, my life. It would kill me to lose them or the farm. I have to start fundraising for the vet: bill stands at $5000 CAD. It was a bad year leading up to the accident; my husband had no work and then broke his leg.

Thanks for thinking of me,
Lisa.