Mysti/Surgery#2 done

Please post any questions you have about aging or senior health issues here.
petJill13.8

Mysti/Surgery#2 done

Post by petJill13.8 »

Hi
Another long surgery day complete. Mysti went to Vet at 9 am for pre-surgery blood work. She came thru long surgery ok. One external (hanging down) tumor on right rear removed and 3 other internal hard lumpy areas removed on alternating sides going from front to back ... to have enough skin to close incisions. She is in a body wrap for compression with a catheter in and is getting pain shots/ meds. She was asleep when we talked to the vet. We'll call tomorrow to check on her progress but she will stay there Tuesday and Wed. if needed. She needs to stay really quiet. Will keep you posted after she returns home. ----------- petjill13.8
Toni -- I laughed at the mental picture of your kitty "helping you " punctuate your email. I have lost email in a similar fashion but I don't have a cat to blame. Some of the lumps were sent to the lab so we'll see what the report is ... but cancer is suspected. When you get a chance any diet advice would be great. At present she gets dry dog food ( Nutro Max Senior, Pedigree Senior), chicken soup to flavor it/ a little senior chicken soft food packet, pills (Fresh factor, Joint Health, Spirulina, Canine vitamin, antibiotic, Benadryl for itchy rear end).Thanks
Attachments
MystiLaundryBed.jpg
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Mysti/Surgery#2 done

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

She sure came through a lot of progress! She is so precious in her 'bed'.

Good work, MystiMom
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Christine

Re: Mysti/Surgery#2 done

Post by Christine »

She looks so precious in that basket. What a little trooper. She surely ended up in the right home with you and your other babies.

Don't know if you are making the chicken broth or not. If you are not, just make sure there is no onion flavoring in it. I bought some organic chicken broth in the hope of skipping that step and even that has onion flavoring even though it said pure chicken broth. If you or anyone else has found something without the onion, I would love to know as Bailey has stopped drinking plain water.

Sending healing prayers for that precious girl.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08