Heating pad covers

Please post any questions you have about aging or senior health issues here.
CarolC

Heating pad covers

Post by CarolC »

Yesterday I went to JoAnn's and bought 5 lengths of flannel to make heating pad covers. Blue clouds, pink stars, white with tiny purple flowers, white with little yellow flowers, and ivory with little owls. Betsy, my senior Himalayan, loves her heating pad whenever I'm home.

Even though I saved the cover off the old one we wore out, we need more clean covers. She gets them pretty furry and slept on, lying on the pad all night and half the day, and she is someone who appreciates cleanliness. I plan to sew them this afternoon while the Tofurky is in the oven, and will see if I can post a picture later today when I get them done. :bounce:
Christine

Heating pads

Post by Christine »

You are such a good mom!!!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

My pets would think I was a better mom if I was in there feeding everybody dinner instead of posting a picture on the Internet! Here they are. Lighting's not the greatest but I like how they turned out. They're in the washer now. :)
Heating_pad_covers.jpg
Christine

heating pads

Post by Christine »

Funny too :lol: Very nice!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
hollypetsit

Post by hollypetsit »

Very nice covers. I am waiting to fix my sewing machine before I can sew anything for my babies. I am pretty new at using it. I have a great suggestion for pet beds. For my dogs and cats I bought a memory foam mattress pad from overstock.com. It was only $42.00 and I am going to cut it up for different sizes so my older babies can lay on something comfy. Plus I can make sizes that fit in the washer and if I wash it on gentle it won't come apart like most beds.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

wow. these are all great ideas

Post by Bendy Kitty »

next time mom looks bored i'll remind her.
heeheeheeheee

Mom does a couple other things for our seniors. she makes a "warm box" by putting a covered heating pad in a big crate, and she always has a space heater on in that room (ok, just when its cold outside) so it is extra warm for them.

now that there are some reptile tanks in that room too, the heat lamps make it really toasty.

and then spoiled little bendys like me have their own lil heater in their room. :)

Welcome HollyPetSit!!

headbonks & purrrs

Bendy
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I agree-- :whale: Hollypetsit!

So memory foam can go through the washer?! I've washed "egg crate" foam in bathtubs or outside, but I've never put foam through the washer.
hollypetsit

Post by hollypetsit »

Thanks for the welcomes! This seems like a great forum.

Yes memory foam can go in the washer as long as it is put on gentle and not too big for the washer. It is better to air dry it than putting it in the dryer though. A friend of mine put her egg carton foam in the dryer and blew the heating element HA! It was pretty funny. I guess she put it in there for too long and she put the whole queen size in there. :)
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:lol: Oh well, here, everything goes on the line anyway!! :mrgreen:
hollypetsit

Post by hollypetsit »

Bendy Kitty I love the things your mom does! I checked out the online store and had to buy something right away. I love using heat lamps for my 2 sugar gliders because it warms up the bedroom that I share with parakeets, finches, my 13 year old siamese, and my wonderful husband. (He has to be wonderful since he puts up with my love of animals!)