Slipping/Sliding/Pooping/Peeing!

Please post any questions you have about aging or senior health issues here.
2 Old Dogs

Slipping/Sliding/Pooping/Peeing!

Post by 2 Old Dogs »

Hi, I have a 16 yr. old Bichon that is currently on Hill's Prescription Diet canned k/d, my 12 yr. old retriever is on the kibble k/d as the bichon likes to eat the kibble sometimes as well. Lately she has been defecating in the house on a daily basis and walking through it; the stools have been softer than normal for the past month or so, which makes clean-up fun. I have not tried the pumpkin, but will give it a shot. Now to my question, neither dog really likes the k/d, it's more of a "this is all we get" kind of situation. My retriever does not need k/d but I figure it hasn't hurt so far. With my Bichon (Cuddles, I was young!) getting on in years and being only 8 lbs. I am looking for a more tasty diet, something she'll enjoy but something her kidneys won't suffer horribly from. I've tried the Purina and a few other kidney diets but she doesn't "enjoy" any of them. Any advice? I'll probably try the ice cube and or q-tip method for the defecating issue. Also any advice on the slipping and sliding? Do the "paw pads" really work? Thanks for any and all advice, sorry if this is a repeat post.
puremutt

Re: Slipping/Sliding/Pooping/Peeing!

Post by puremutt »

:welcomepink:
depending on how big your rooms are, I purchased runners and area rugs in the same patern from Target.
He walks on them from one room to the other.
You cannot have them fall on the age they are.
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
critters
Founding Member

Re: Slipping/Sliding/Pooping/Peeing!

Post by critters »

:red: You might try Show Foot Spray for a little more traction.