Tillman is home and his name is Angel

Please post any questions you have about aging or senior health issues here.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Tillman is home and his name is Angel

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

He had a brutal couple of weeks, but thanks to people all over the eastern seaboard, Angel is not just home, he is ALIVE! He was hit by a car and abandoned at the Camden County shelter. The vet felt he was in too bad shape to save, and at his age, not exactly adoptable. Estimates are 14 years. The report was he had suffered neurological damage and he would not eat and was fading fast. The next day he ate and he WAGGED HIS TAIL! That's what convinced the shelter staff to move Heaven & Earth to find rescue for him. He then could walk. He's been home a couple of hours, and in between my trying to get him to rest, he has been inside and outside with the NanaDog (no one else is allowed to meet him yet). He trots, he DOES STAIRS! He wags his tail! He has inspected the whole house and yard. He really made himself right at home. Has an appt in 2 Saturdays, so ... waiting for some excellent news!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Christine

Re: Tillman is home and his name is Angel

Post by Christine »

Awwww....that baby knows he has arrived in doggy heaven with wonderful mom and he can just sigh and be loved. So glad he is with you. Pictures.....pictures, please.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Congrats to you for taking another member to your pet family! AND he's walking! You must send pics back to the vet who wanted to euthanize.
Jane Scott

Post by Jane Scott »

Karen; You have an incredible capacity to LOVE! All of your animals are sooooooo lucky to have you as Mum!
Jane
Harley the "Monkey-boy"
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I have been WONDERING after you dropped hints. What kind of dog is he, how big? How did you finally get him there?

Congratulations!!! :angel:

P.S. Who all is at your house now...? :)
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: we want to know all about our new member!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
Aus Dilecce

Post by Aus Dilecce »

Welcome Home Angel.
Like the others, I want to see who you are. Great news on the walking Karen.

Angel had a 2 day transport, and he doesn't like driving. Threw up Sat & Sun. Off his feed entirely, although I think he ate a bit last night. He whined so on the other side of the baby gate that I went in and slept with him and listened to the rest of them whining they couldn't come in with us. Stools not good, but I think we need a worming. He ran, yes he RAN outside last night and this morning.
We haven't slept much, but hopefully tonight that will change. He scared me this morning. He was sleeping so deeply, he didn't wake and I didn't see his chest moving. BUT HE WOKE UP! Man, don't need a cup of coffee after that!
He's very petite, maybe 30 lbs. Should probably be closer to 40. He may be a spaniel mix, I don't know, but he has such a pretty face, white and all!
tILLMAN COMPRESSED.jpg
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Aww! He had a busy weekend! :wub:

Well, critters, he certainly is a mama's boy! I don't know how he managed in the shelter. He is on the other side of the gate, barking and whining. I'm leaving in a moment. I pray he sleeps some. I have the gate barricaded, because God made me to worry for EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING! Which I do so well. :)
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I bet he wasn't sleeping well in the shelter and now that he knows he's safe and can finally relax, he's going to be catching up. 14 is pretty old even for 40 lbs. That's cool that he can still walk. Even without surviving an accident it would be cool he can still walk. Merlin hasn't done stairs in a couple of years. Can you get him some i/d dog food for his tummy? He looks so soft. I'm happy for you. :D
Aus Dilecce

Post by Aus Dilecce »

He looks like he could be my girl's brother!
When we adopted her they said spaniel cross at the pound but I've always said Border Collie cross from some of the naughty habits (e.g. rounding up children in the park) which she had. She weighs in at 40 lbs.
She sleeps on her bed in our room and most mornings wakes me with kisses but some mornings is sleeping so soundly I think she has gone in the night. Then if I gently lay my hand on her she lifts her head and licks the air, blowing me kisses. When she has slept that soundly I find she is stiffer to get off the floor.
She also whines, has done all her life and if reprimanded, grumbles vehemently as she has to get the last word.
I'm so pleased you two have found eachother :lol:
petJill13.8

Post by petJill13.8 »

Hi
He looks like a sweet dog who likes personalized people attention. Our 10+yr old rescue pet Mysti is much the same way. Hopefully when he gets used to his surroundings, he will rest comfortably but not so deeply. Sounds like his general health is improving daily. Look forward to hearing more about Angel.

Well, another sleepless night. I have to be in there with him, which the others hate. They knocked down the baby gate in the middle of the night. He still isn't eating, but I discovered dogfood is an unknown to him. He knows a refrigerator and eats people food. I made him a pb sandwich last night which he wouldn't eat, but some counter surfer did. He ate a bit of lamb this morning so he may get a little more. He sees doc on Saturday. I got the paperwork yesterday and he's listed as a BC mix, so you may be right on, Aus Dilecce! He's a pretty little thing and I'm going to try to bathe him sometime when I get some rest ... Gotta go, Gabriel's freaking in the BR.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!

Well, day 3, still not eating. He showed extreme fridge interest last night, but turned his nose up to cottage cheese and puppy canned. So he ate a piece of lamb and some chicken ricaroni with broccoli. He hasn't eaten enough to keep a cat alive. He doesn't know cat food. His eyes really bother him, got some lacerations, put goopy creme in them. I can't wait to get him to doc. His hips or rather rear ankles are extremely weak. But he still runs and trots and does stairs ... Gotta trade dogs out, has to be done about every 10 mins. Aggressive Allicks is my dream child right now. She goes into her room and nary a peep out of her.
On the plus side, right now, I have 4 dogs running in and out. Yup, introductions. So far so good, but it could go south very quickly, so I'm on high alert. Albin is chasing him, both unneutered (yet, Albin will go in to clinic at 6 mos or sooner if I continue to lose my sense of humor). Gabriel met him snout to snout and showed a fear, not good.
More good news, his stools are MUCH better!
On the down side, he is completely deaf. This is why he has no idea when I get home and isn't leaping and barking (as he does when I leave for work) and hasn't learned the vibrations thing yet.
He and I may BOTH get some sleep tonight. I'll sleep in the bed, where 3 can get to, and little Angel can't. So maybe ... here's hoping.
He's under my feet right now, where St.Jude used to lay to get out of the way of rambunctious and clumsy pups & deafblinds. I can't tell you how peaceful this moment is.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!