Mysti's breast lump/bumps gone.Biopsy report coming

Please post any questions you have about aging or senior health issues here.
petJill13.8

Mysti's breast lump/bumps gone.Biopsy report coming

Post by petJill13.8 »

Hi
Just to let you know Mysti is home (Friday)... with numerous stitches / 6 incisions and on 3 meds ... pain, anti-inflammatory, & anti-biotic. Her walks are foreshortened but her desire for walks remains high... no activity that stretches the "tummy area" for a while. Her favorite chair is piled high with "stuff" so she can't jump up. Should be fun to keep her away from licking/ chewing her stitches (@ 40-50) for 2 weeks! She has a "comfy collar" but she doesn't find it comfy!! Now we just wait to see what the biopsy reports say.
Happy Father's Day.
petjill13.8
Attachments
Mysti resting.JPG
CarolC

Re: Mysti's breast lump/bumps gone.Biopsy report coming

Post by CarolC »

I hope she gets a good report and you and she will have a nice long break from doctor's appointments. Glad she is still eager to be "out and doing". :)
petJill13.8

Post by petJill13.8 »

Tuesday: No news yet on Mysti
But I went to the clinic to get a "reason for a rash" red, blistery, super itchy that showed up Mon.
Diagnosis-- I have abdominal shingles . So now Mysti and I can have itchy tummies together!! Oh joy!
This togetherness may be going too far!! Hope the medicine kicks in soon ... when I move I itch.
Will update more later.
Cheers
Itchy Mysti's Mom
Christine

Post by Christine »

Bless your hearts...here's hoping for relief and healing for both of you!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
petJill13.8

Post by petJill13.8 »

6/26/09. Biopsy report in. Good news-- I think--- since I don't see cancer words anywhere. Not sure I understand the report. Atypical cells were removed is the main message I get. Any farther clarification would be helpful. I'll try to copy the report below. Thanks for any help. Mysti's Mom
ps Itching for both Mysti and me has improved some. Mysti stitches come out 7/3/09 so we still have almost a week of "no chew"! We'll discuss her "difficult to reach" fibroleiomyoma vaginal tumors when her stitches come out ie: what check ups, followups, or other changes can be made to decrease the chance of a blockage later (if the tumors enlarge in an inoperable spot ... without cracking her pelvis)
---------------
Description
2 sections. Examination reveals multiple lobules of well differentiated mammary glands. Mild dilatation of some of these glandular structures is evident. Also evidence of dilatation of some associated mammary ducts. 1 section there are occasional small nests of more solid mammary epithelial cells surrounded by dense aggregates of small lymphocytes. A mild fibrous response is also present around the small nests of atypical cells.
Interpretation
Mammary gland lobular hyperplasia and mammary duct ectasia with focal nests of atypical cells.... a few small nests of cells which appear atypical creating concern about early neoplastic change. However these cells are surrounded by a rather dense cellular infiltrate and this may represent a reaction to the surrounding inflammatory change. The small nests are present in the center of the tissue section and appear to have been completely excised.
Thanks for any interpretation help. Mysti's Mom