Update on my cat Tricks

Please post any questions you have about aging or senior health issues here.
sandyc799

Update on my cat Tricks

Post by sandyc799 »

She is still her usual energizer bunny self!I thank goodness everday,several times a day,that she is still here and enjoying life.
I had to let my approx 15 year old boston Molly,go to the bridge the other day.Her kidneys had shut down,and the vet believed there was ALOT going on inside her,that we didn't know all about.She refused to eat and drink.I tried and tried to get fluids to build her up,but it all failed.
I keep telling myself,I did the best thing for her,but it's still so sad.I love my Molly so very much.
All my many others are doing okay,and that helps.Just watching Trciks eat her mushy catfood makes my heart continue to beat.
It really gets me down,when I THINK about how long my baby Tricks has been with me.She has lived through 1 cat,(Tai-Shan),and many dogs- my sheltie(Leo),My mixed breed (T.C.), Her foster baby,Chloe(my white boxer),My bostons (Casey,Angel,Willy and now Molly).
It's just sooo scary.
Sorry to be abit of a downer.I just am so very sad about Molly.
I can only continue on with Tricks and keep hoping and praying for the best for her.
Thanks for listening.
sandyc and kids
Last edited by sandyc799 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
CarolC

Re: Update on my cat Tricks

Post by CarolC »

Hi Sandy,

The vet explained to me, you can keep a cat going with failing kidneys quite a long time, but dogs just simply don't do as well. My dog Merlin went into acute renal failure a few months ago, like you we tried our best to help him with fluids, etc., but it was a losing battle. I am sorry you just went through it. I hope when you get a little distance from the problems at the end, you will mainly remember the 15 years, and that is a long life for a dog. Your cat, she is the matriarch, isn't she? I look back and think of a time when I had two cats (together) as an era by itself. Maybe that is how you will be with your kitty. She is fortunate to be loved and appreciated so much. I'm sorry for the loss of Molly. :(
sandyc799

Re: Update on my cat Tricks

Post by sandyc799 »

Thanks.I actually rescued Molly,7years and 8 months go.She was pregnant,and no longer wanted by her former people.She was going to have mixed breed puppies,not pure bostons,so they didn't want her.
MY GOOD LUCK! She was one of the BEST dogs,I could have ever known.She fostered 2 white boxer puppies,one went to a good home,in another state,and one became my Chloe.(She passed last septmeber,her heart just gave out).
So,you see,Molly was just a special little soul,as she took babies that were not hers and helped me raise them.
I of course,had her spayed.I think she had been used as a puppy factory.NOT treated too well,before she came here.
'I myself had had to let my first boston Casey go to the bridge just a month or so before that,so she kinda rescued me as I rescued her.
Just losing her has been so very difficult for me.I know there will always be more cats and dogs that need rescued,and since I cannot afford to do that right now-I search ads and inform rescues.In Molly and Chloe's names.Sort of like,in their honor.
I so wish I could do more,but I do still have 5 dogs,my 2 cats and 4 birds.My town has recently approved registering pets and that will cost some money,too.
I guess I just needed to tell people that would understand my love for my "kids".
I really thank you for listening.Some around here,do-but I don't think that many around here,have the connection with their "kids",like the wonderful people on this site do.
Thanks again,
sandyc and kids