My dog can't get up. back injury?

Please post any questions you have about aging or senior health issues here.
kaiya209

My dog can't get up. back injury?

Post by kaiya209 »

I have a ten year old rottweiller and we recently moved to a new house.The stairs that lead outside to the back yard are about a foot each (there is two).I think she must of had trouble getting up or down them and somehow injured herself in the process.she has been unable to walk for four days now. She can sit up and roll from side to side but still can't get up.I am not sure what to do?
critters
Founding Member

Re: My dog can't get up. back injury?

Post by critters »

:red: Has she been to the vet? She'll probably need some prednisone, and maybe crate rest. Are you familiar with walking aids? Rolling and sitting are good; she'll be less apt to get bedsores if she can help herself some. Can she poop and pee by herself?
kaiya209

Re: My dog can't get up. back injury?

Post by kaiya209 »

critters wrote::red: Has she been to the vet? She'll probably need some prednisone, and maybe crate rest. Are you familiar with walking aids? Rolling and sitting are good; she'll be less apt to get bedsores if she can help herself some. Can she poop and pee by herself?
She is going to the vet today for x-rays hopefully that will tell us something she hasn't had a bowel movement in over a week.