I made a webapge for Bernard

Please post any questions you have about aging or senior health issues here.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

I made a webapge for Bernard

Post by Bendy Kitty »

if you go to my site and page down a little, click on the link taht says "please don't leave your senior at a shelter"

thanks.

bendy
http://www.alittletlc.com
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
critters
Founding Member

Re: I made a webapge for Bernard

Post by critters »

Poor old fart. :cry:
SAR01

Post by SAR01 »

tears are shed for you and Bernard....
mumpkees

Post by mumpkees »

I am so very sorry that Bernard's family in the twighlight of his life decided that they no longer wanted him - he was a very handsome cat. I am sorry that even the care and love of Bendy's family was not enough for Bernard to help him trust and love again and that the loss of his first family was so devastating that he chose to leave this world.

It has been heart breaking to me many times to bring a senior discarded like an old pair of shoes into our family and no matter how much veterinary care, how much trying to help them, how much love we gave them, we watched them grieve themselves to death.

I am infuriated that people have no compassion for the senior they have had since kittenhood who now in their senior years misses a litter box because it is in the basement and their hips hurt and it is not noticed, or they are no longer as much 'fun' as the cute little kitten they just got or the senior that lived with a parent all his life and the parent is put into assisted living or passes away and who wants an old cat? Just take them to a shelter. As Bendy says, if after trying very hard to find a home that hopefully the cat will be able to adjust to, learn to trust and love again, then please take them to a vet - and stay there with them - as he gently helps them pass.

Your article Bendy on your website is very good and it should be posted far and wide and hung on vet's walls and pasted on the shelter counter where people come to dump their senior kitty.

Thank you for taking him home with you so that his last days were not spent cowering in terror in the back of a cage, surrounded by barking dogs, foreign smells, people poking at him, but rather surrounded by furkids and a mom who wanted to help him love again.

Run with the wind Angel Bernard..................

[quote="Bendy Kitty"]if you go to my site and page down a little, click on the link taht says "please don't leave your senior at a shelter"

thanks.

bendy
http://www.alittletlc.com[/quot
/mari
Spiritcat and the Mooseheart Mumpkees of southeastern Texas