Mysti tumor news

Please post any questions you have about aging or senior health issues here.
petJill13.8

Mysti tumor news

Post by petJill13.8 »

Mysti's viewpoint on life ... " I may not be well ... but I'm happy!!" She has good mobility, loves her walks and a good belly rub, "checking out the doggie newspaper each morning is exciting" and her eating is better. A June checkup found her vaginal tumors more lumpy but there is still room to urinate. Bm's are ok. Although breast lumps were taken out of 6 sites in June( biopsy on some tumors... no cancer), she has more lumps enlarging now in breast area and a new lump on her right hind leg. Do dogs grow lypomas? We will visit family in early October and she will have a check when we return. She is happy to be included in car trips and is well traveled on the east coast as well as a family visit to Michigan. I will update her health issues when I know more. Cheers
Mysti's Mom
Attachments
Mysti on rug.JPG
FYI

Re: Mysti tumor news

Post by FYI »

CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I've had 2 senior male dogs with lipomas. They didn't cause a problem. I don't have any experience with them in female dogs. Mysti is amazing with everything she has going on, she has a good life. I hope you get a long period of just enjoying life, especially right now when the weather is getting cooler. She's lucky to have you taking care of her. :angel:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I was just thinking of Mysti and hope she is doing OK.
petJill13.8

Post by petJill13.8 »

Hi
Thanks for thinking of us.
Mysti is enjoying life, loving her "let's check out the world walks" every morning ( even in the rotten winter weather we have had!). Her tumor check in Feb. was good, but in March we had a return of rear end licking signaling vaginal discharge. She went back on antibiotic and it seems to have cleared up. The internal tumors are not operable because of their position. Previously the only biopsy they could get internally was benign, but her post op recovery was slower that time. We will not crack her pelvis to get to vaginal tumors. In March they checked her external tumors and we now have a string of tumors extending from the "lipoma-like" (sp?) lump just behind her left front arm pit. Another tumor at her rear belly/leg area. She will undergo surgery #4 in mid April to remove and biopsy the latest crop of external lumps and bumps to see if there is any return of the 1 cancer that they found in the numerous biopsies we have had done. We pray that she will be able to recover from this surgery as well as she has before. We will keep you posted. Cheers
Mysti's Mom
Attachments
Mysti in sun.JPG