Orville, senior kitty

Please post any questions you have about aging or senior health issues here.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Orville, senior kitty

Post by Bendy Kitty »

Orville came to our house 2,maybe 3 years ago of an uknown age just "senior" we guessed 10 at the time. he had rotting teeth which were removed, bu thadn' tgotten in the way of eating juging by his very round shape.

a couple days ago he lost his appetite, hid, and became dehydrated. fluids have perked him up and he is eating canned food mixed with pedialyte. definitely doing much better. now we just need to figure out why he got sick in the first place. could be his kidneys starting to go. could be he didn't like his new roomate. he is a quiet guy who will not pick a fight, and will hide rather than confront a cat he doesn't like.
we're going to try to set up through the rescue we're with to get him some blood work done.

here he is.
sweet snuggly boy.
Attachments
Orville013010.jpg
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
Christine

Re: Orville, senior kitty

Post by Christine »

Oh Bendy, he is beautiful. None of the cats in your mama's house show their age...I need to come and have her take care of me too! (I am sure shrimpies must have something to do with it!) I hope Orville gets better soon.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Re: Orville, senior kitty

Post by Bendy Kitty »

Christine, you might object when mom saw you looking a little low and started giving you fluids and b-vities and force feeding you vitamin enriched glop if you didn't eat it on your own....

Orville has made a complete recovery - hooray!!! however he is confused why he is no longer getting yummi canned fud twice a day. poor boy. we dont know what happened, why he got sick, but we are glad he is well.

bendy
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"