Cat toys for 14 year old cat?

Please post any questions you have about aging or senior health issues here.
bbaugh

Cat toys for 14 year old cat?

Post by bbaugh »

Hey all,

I have a 14 year old cat her name is Sierra . I would like to know about a suitable toy for her. She has a cat teaser toy that she loves because I can fling it back and forth and she doesn't have to move. What I would like a toy that I can play with her when she is on my lap. She loves a glove I have for her with dangle pom poms that hangs from a string. But she chews them off and swallows them before I can get them out of her mouth. Please give me some advice for a toy for her.

I am worried because she swallowed a whole pom with a small piece of string. I am going to keep an eye on her and make sure she passes it. Thanks in advance.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Cat toys for 14 year old cat?

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

You do want to be careful. A string or elastic can easily tie up intestines.

I would suggest say a long tickle feather or a large (tennis) ball that you can play with while she's on couch or lap.

Andy's Ancient cat stayed extremely mobile right up to the end.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
CarolC

Re: Cat toys for 14 year old cat?

Post by CarolC »

Well, some cats are still very active at 14, others not so much. My cats love pipe cleaners rolled up (twirl it around your finger). You might try putting one of these on the kitchen floor and see if she'll bat it around. She might act like a kitten again. Later you can pull it out from under the fridge. Great toy, you get 32 in a package and they kind of clean the teeth a little, too! :wink:
Pipecleaner_sm.jpg