Digestive Problems

Please post any questions you have about aging or senior health issues here.
Jennygirl

Digestive Problems

Post by Jennygirl »

Hi my name is Donna. I have a Jack Russell and her name is Jenny. She is 16 years old. She is having a few digestive problems. I have her on Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Gastrointestinal Low Fat canned. She also is on chicken and rice. I feed her small meals of the combination to equal her 1 to 1 1/2 cup total a day. She has IBD. We have been on and off antibotics. I give her probiotics daily. I have also tried Endosorb and Pro Pectalin. I also give pumpkin. (1 tsp.four times a day) She still has bouts of diarrahea. I am looking for any suggestion on things that might help.
critters
Founding Member

Re: Digestive Problems

Post by critters »

:welcomepurple: Maybe try different food, like the novel protein ones, in case she's allergic?
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

It sounds like you've put a lot of thought into getting her a really good appropriate diet. I don't know if this is an option, but do they have the same formula of your chosen brand in a dry kibble? The only reason I suggest it is that my golden retriever was put on Science Diet w/d. He had messy stools with the w/d canned, but he had good stools with the w/d dry. :pardon:
Jarvis

Post by Jarvis »

Hi,
I am giving my dog canned EN Gastroenteric - Purina Veterinary diet. My Jarvis LOVES it and his stools are better then ever. I mix it with a lot of water like a soup, he drink the water and eats the canned food. The vet gave Jarvis Metronidazole last time he had a digestive problem. Hope this helps.