Anyone in or near CT?

Post here if you would like to adopt a special needs pet.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
LisainCAN

Anyone in or near CT?

Post by LisainCAN »

I could not even bear to post in the Rainbow Bridge section, but I had to put my GSD Emma down a week ago due to severe behavioural issues. She was so dog-aggressive that even the NO-KILL rescue group I got her from wanted me to euthanize her a few years ago but I made a promise to try and help her. I did everything I could. My beloved Emma was the inspiration for me to join this site. She lived 5 years with me and it was longer than anyone would have thought; I had been saving her from death since puppyhood since no one wanted to care for an inbred puppy mill rescue dog who had had a shattered (and rebuilt thanks to me) front leg.

I would like to save this dog if I can.

http://www.dogsindanger.com/dog.jsp?did=1209134542978

I am short on money (but never for necessary vet care) and would need help doing this. I realize I cannot save them all but I would like at least to try. I am in Canada in Ontario but would be willing to drive down into NY. I need someone to pull her and then I would need a vet certificate for her to cross the border. Maybe if someone cannot help physically, then there is always the option of "sponsoring" a part of her rescue.

The only caveat is that I need to know if she is good with kids because I have a one year old son. I emailed the shelter. I have a feeling she is though.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Anyone in or near CT?

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

I have trouble getting folks in New England... I would suggest you post to the major rescue railroads, and Katie Walter. PM me for her email addy, if you would like. Maybe she can help. I am so sorry to hear about Emma, and I understand what you went through. I am going through it myself.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

You might want to join http://petoftheday.com/talk/ . I know there are bunches of people from Ontario.
SandyNY

Post by SandyNY »

she is very beautiful. if i were you, i would call and get the shelter's adoption app faxed to you and let them know you are serious. will help you as much as i can- could cover a little ground in ny if needed..
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

PM me your email; Jan sent me a transport list for you.
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

It says she was euthanized today. I was trying so hard to get her out by May 1. That was supposed to be the date. I feel like someone has punched me in the gut.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Aww, I'm sorry. :(
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

I got an anwwer back from the Shelter ... she was ADOPTED!!! :bounce:

Thank goodness.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help ... especially Critters.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Oh, Lisa!!!!! My heart just jumped into my throat. What wonderful news. I was so upset when I read your last post that I could not even bring myself to respond. I am so sorry about Emma and I know you are still dealing with that. This bit of news must make you feel a little better. Take care!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Long sigh* I'm sorry that you missed getting her, but happy that she was adopted.

Do you think there is a shelter closer to your home where you could rescue someone? You may want to take your little boy with you when you find someone. Pre screen the pet, and then take Liam. That would give you an indication of how appropriate the new dog is to your family. Summer will soon be here and then you'll be back on the farm where you'll have more space for your new pup.

Dianne
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

We are waiting for a while now. It has to be just the right adult dog. The shelter was very helpful and through various emails I had confirmed that she would have fit in well here.

Basically I am just happy she was saved.