Seeking to Adopt/Rescue a Special Needs Cat

Post here if you would like to adopt a special needs pet.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
MamaToManyCritters

Seeking to Adopt/Rescue a Special Needs Cat

Post by MamaToManyCritters »

Sadly, I lost my darling Oliver this AM. Oliver was my Amputee after losing this foot from being hit by a car. His passing comes with great loss to me, and I shall miss him forever. This was out of the blue and surprising. He had gone into ARF. Passing in my arms at 9:00 AM this morning.

My new cat room is now named for my Angel. "OLIVER'S ROOM"

In honor of Oliver and my 7 other special needs babies, I am open and here to rescue/adopt another special needs cat. Full Rescue Affiliations, Vet References, Personal References and Pictures of my crew are available and welcomed to be shown.

Any special needs is fine. Amputee's, Blindness, CH, Deaf, One Eye, etc. Please keep your eyes open as I will as well. I would love to help another.

Many of you know me and I am more than willing to meet and show my full credentials.

Many blessings and say a prayer for my darling Oliver.

Shari Perkins
Furry Friends Network
HSUS NDART Volunteer
Certified Animal Care Tech.
Mama to 6 Woof Kids and 12 Purr Babies (7 with Special Needs or Attributes) CH Kittys ROCK in more ways than their own weebles!
CarolC

Re: Seeking to Adopt/Rescue a Special Needs Cat

Post by CarolC »

Hi Shari,

I am sorry for your sudden loss. That's so sad and unexpected. Do they have any idea what could have caused him to go into acute renal failure? Bless your heart for opening your home for another one.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Shari, I am so very sorry for your loss. Oliver's legacy will be one of life and love. Maureen D'elollio at Our Lady of Mercy Catnip Cottage has many special needs. And coincidently, she named her cat room after my son, it's Andy's Sanctuary. Nothing gives me more joy than knowing my son will live on, in name, at her place of rescue and life. Oliver will as well.
Maureen is in Summerville, SC.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/catnipcottage.html

(Andy's Sanctuary is linked lower left).

Maureen was committed to cats until a Lethal White named Rosalie wormed her way into Maureen's life. Rosalie's rescue is one for the record books and made Rescue of the Year at the 2006 Spring Pet Fling in Beaufort Sc.

She has so many wonderful stories. Not including the very sick litter of feral kits I drove to her a couple of years ago. They had been found at a shopping mall in Georgia. We had to bathe them and hose down the wescue wagon just to get them into the house.

Critters, take a look at FRANKIE!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=8984938
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Frankie looks like Buddy! :wub:
taylob1

Post by taylob1 »

Shari,

Have you found a special needs cat? I picked up a ch kitty yesterday and I think there may be 2-3 more where this one came from. Right now my vet is keeping her for me until next week. If I knew I could find a home for the others I would get them. I have a 6 yr old CH kitty already and she was a month behind on her shots. My vet didn't want the kitten to be around her until a few days after her shots. I am in Ohio. Let me know if you can help.

Thanks,

Bev
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

How about a baby tripod? viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13353
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Bumping this topic with notification.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Hi Shari,

We have been trying to find a home for "Legs". Are you still looking for a handicapped cat? Check her out here.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14043&start=30

If not, perhaps you know of someone who might?
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08