Sanctuary/fostering for handicapped

Post here if you would like to adopt a special needs pet.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
PooMoggie

Sanctuary/fostering for handicapped

Post by PooMoggie »

I am an experienced foster caregiver and rescue worker, offering to adopt or foster-and-then-find-homes-for handicapped. My specialty is handciapped kittens of all sorts and ages. I have extensive experience curing "incurables" and those with supposedly congenital problems, as well as those who have suffered trauma like gunshot or burns. I can either adopt someone or foster him/her until I find an appropriate permanent loving home for him/her. Transport to NY state must be provided. The only handicap I am not equipped to deal with is emotional/behavioral/social, so I am afraid I am seeking only affectionate, loving cats and dogs who would be wonderful responsive and companionate members of a new family. I can always find a home for someone of such a disposition. All diseases of any nature welcome - well, not the diseases. You know what I mean. Extensive bottle-feeding experience. Primarily experienced with cats, kittens, and dogs, but other species welcome. Please mail babybeaveroveralls [......at.....] msn.com if you think you know someone who would be a candidate for my sanctuary. Every effort is made to cure the malady, and miracles can occur! Thanks.
CarolC

Re: Sanctuary/fostering for handicapped

Post by CarolC »

PooMoggie

Post by PooMoggie »

Gosh, thanks!
Christine

Post by Christine »

Hi Poo,

Have you seen the thread about "Legs". She really needs a new home as soon as possible. This link is the portion of the thread with her pictures, but take a look at her whole story.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14043&start=30

Do you have room for her?
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
PooMoggie

Post by PooMoggie »

Thanks, Christine. She's in Florida? Who would provide transportation to Upstate NY?
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

If you really want her, there's an east coast network that makes run most weekends.
OrangeJulius

Post by OrangeJulius »

I really need to find a place for a stray cat that was hit by a car or fell off a roof a few days ago. He is paralyzed from the hips down. I do not have the time to attend to him. It looks like he is gaining some control of one leg. He can kinda lift it up/down. I have to express him for urine and it looks like I will have to help him with BMs, too.

He is an orange short haired tabby with bronze colored eyes, about 6 months old. Very affectionate and friendly. I can drive quite a distance to deliver him.

Please, somebody, take him. glyde_iv@ yahoo. co m
PooMoggie

Post by PooMoggie »

I might be able to take him. I am near Albany NY. can he be neutered first? I have several questions for you about this situation and about him, so I will email you now.
OrangeJulius

Post by OrangeJulius »

Okay, I responded from a gmail account. I can probably get him neutered. Just don't know if the surgery would effect expressing for urine.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Neutering shouldn't make much difference in expressing. It might a little if expressing is "kitten style," but normal expressing should be fine. He'll heal in a hurry anyway.