Handicapped Pets Foundation 501c3 is looking for a new member of the board of directors.
For more information: https://hpets.org/index.php?option=com_ ... icle&id=71

Boots with wheels...Roller boots?

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
CarolC

Boots with wheels...Roller boots?

Post by CarolC » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:22 pm

I saw this among the photos on the HandicappedPets Facebook page where you vote for the 2021 calendar contest. Look at the boots on his front paws. They have wheels!

I haven't found who sells them yet. Or they may have been some no-knuckle boots that were adapted by adding wheels, but if so, it looks professional like they were made that way.

ROLLERBOOTS.jpg

critters
Founding Member

Re: Boots with wheels...Roller boots?

Post by critters » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:20 am

Hmmm. So I guess that's supposed to make it so a human can push the pupper in the cart? If I were dealing with a quadriplegic I'd just find a way to sling the arms up like the legs. I think it'd be a lot easier. The tiny wheels on the boots wouldn't travel over anything bigger than, like, sand! An A grade for creativity, though.

CarolC

Re: Boots with wheels...Roller boots?

Post by CarolC » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:24 am

Yeah, I can't quite figure it out either. The axels are so thin that it seems like they might bend easily, but it must be working and solving a problem. So interesting. I wish the family could be here to explain it, because this might be a solution to a problem some people encounter, and it might be brilliant.