Bully's Home ---- Again!

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
karkorny

Bully's Home ---- Again!

Post by karkorny »

Well, I picked Bully up from the hospital yesterday and all seems to be going well. I took him from the car straight to the yard, laid him on the grass, and sure enough, he peed and pooped! In the evening I took him "for a walk" in his cart. He seemed to enjoy being out and looking around, although I know he wishes he could walk beside me like he used to. That will come, I'm sure. He's showing great neurologic signs of movement. His tail swishes around even in his sleep. We didn't have a great night. He whined frequently and I had to get up and just pet him, but we made it through the night. This morning before it was even light he wanted to go out again - actually tried to bark. So I got my mom out of bed to help me get him on his cart, then I took him out. No easy task, but it can be done. Sure enough, the moment he hit the grass it was pee and poop again! This is so good, that he has control - and that I don't have to deal with the catheterization!!! I've got to get some kind of routine going with rehab, but I've also got to earn a living to bring home the dog food. So I'm going to work this morning - my mom will be home to watch him and keep him company. Then I'm planning to come home around 11, then again at 2, and then I'll be home for the evening. THat's my plan anyway. If he starts whining and crying my mom won't know what to do and she'll call me and I'll come home. He seems to really feel well. Poor boy, he's been through a lot! But there's definitely light at the end of the tunnel. I hope everyone else is doing well with their babies.
connie

Re: Bully's Home ---- Again!

Post by connie »

welcome home bully! now do the P.T. and get back on those paws. i believe in you boy! look how far you have come. be sure and give your fur mom slurps on face every day. us fur moms love those. lol
we are all pulling for you.
hugsssssssss to you both,
connie & cricket
BethT

Post by BethT »

Karen,

I am so glad that Bully is home and showing signs of improvement! That is so great. Waffles still wakes up in the middle of the night and barks. I have to get on the floor and pet him to clam him down. It can be exhausting but he is worth it. Hang in there. Beth
spasmo

Post by spasmo »

YEAH!!!!
Welcome home Bully!

Karen, I am so excited to read about each of Bully's new capabilities... isn't it great to see that tail wag now? That is a sight that FCE moms LOVE seeing. I can relate to our babies having LOTS to say when they get home... when Augusta first got home she had a lot to say too... she had to tell us ALL about her ordeal. And I am SO GLAD that Bully is doing his business on grass... that must be the dog equivalent of eating a pint of chocolate ice cream for humans. I am just relieved that he has bladder and bowel control... that is GREAT!

You will get a routine down, give Bully-Man a couple of days to feel safe and sound back at home and I bet he takes to a routine just fine.

Best wishes ~
Anna
Anna B
proud dog hair collector