Update on Klaus

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
ssg

Update on Klaus

Post by ssg »

Hello everyone,

I haven't been here lately, but wanted to give you an update on Klaus. As you recall, Klaus became paralyzed last October, with three veterinarians recommending that I have him euthanized. After finding this board and following the helpful advice from many of you, Klaus is now able to walk and run! (albeit his run is more of a hop mixed with actual coordinated movements of his hind legs)

While I will never really know what happened to him (probable slipped disc along with spondylosis), I am thankful he is able to be my shadow again. Eventually the spondylosis will rob him of his ability to walk, but at least, for now, he is up and walking.

I've included some images of Klaus to share with you.

I want to say a special thank you to Toni, who has been so wonderful with keeping in touch with me. Her Ivan has been an inspiration to me.

Sandy
Attachments
Klaus2_07.jpg
klaus1_07.jpg
Christine

Re: Update on Klaus

Post by Christine »

Klau is beautiful and I am so happy for you. This board is truly a god send, isn't it? Take care.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Cindidoxiemom

Re: Update on Klaus

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

It is GREAT to hear from you and to get an update on Klaus. I'm glad things are going so well for you both! Nose kiss for Klaus!
Cindi
I am not a vet; please consult your vet before making any treatment decisions.

Hunter IVDD Surgery x 2~Walking
Oscar IVDD Surgery x 1~ Paralyzed
Sage and Misty