Laser therapy

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
jazzybaby

Laser therapy

Post by jazzybaby »

Hi, I have a 4 year old cocker spaniel who is recovering from IVDD surgery, we have been working with her at home doing therapy that her neurologist had showed us. We have started noticing some kicking and stiffening when we are working with her. She has even started kick when we tickle or push on her pads and toes, however the neurologist says she still does not have any deep pain response but it has only been about 4 weeks since surgery. She does pull herself across the floor but can't stand without our help. So i have been talking to her regular vet and she seems to think that she would really benefit from lasre therapy which they can do right in their office. I was looking to see if anyone has any info on this type of therapy and if there are side effects we should be worried about. We want to do anything and everything we can to give her the chance to walk again.
puremutt

Re: Laser therapy

Post by puremutt »

I have no idea about the laser question.
But I think after only 4 weeks you already notice the kicking response I think that is VERY good!
I would keep massaging and take it slow with standing and walking and let is heal slowly.
But that is just my opinion.
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy