Please advise me to a board then???

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
mandymmr

Please advise me to a board then???

Post by mandymmr »

Can anyone advise me to another board then that may be able to help me with advice etc regarding my rottie with ruptured disk and spinal corde damage?

I am not getting anything on here. She can't walk well and I need advice from people who have gone through this!
"humans are the only animal that is mean on purpose"
jazzybaby

Re: Please advise me to a board then???

Post by jazzybaby »

I am sorry to hear she is not getting any better,but from what i have been told it takes time. My vet told be it can take up to 6 months for the spine to heal. I don't know of anyother sites however you could talk to your vet about putting her on a muscle relaxer if he has not already done so, it will make her sleep but rest is really the best thing for her. You can also start doing physical therapy with her to keep her joints moving. You had said in your other post that you have looked at the wheelerchairs, you could also try putting a towel under her back end and have her walk that way if you are going to wait to get the chair. I really hope this helps.
smithpk85

Post by smithpk85 »

If surgery is not an option, the only thing left to do is steroids and crate rest.
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Post by Bobbie »

Dodgerslist is all about recovering from disk injuries.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/dodgerslist/
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels