Four years later....!

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Scotchy'sMom

Four years later....!

Post by Scotchy'sMom »

I know most folks here may not remember me, but for any of you "old-timey" posters, you might remember our pekingese Butterscotch (Scotchy). Briefly, from 2006-late 2008 Butterscotch had three bouts of IVDD, one which resulted in a hemilaminecotmy, and another bout which had cervical involvement with near-total quadriplegia. It was a very, very bad span of time for us, and for her.

I last updated about Scotchy in the summer of 2009 and let you all know how well she was doing. Well, I wanted to stop by and give another update....here we are, 4 years later...and not a single IVDD flare up since 2008!!! Scotchy is 12 now, and a total joy to be around....happy, quirky, cute as ever, and the love of our lives.

I again want to thank this community for all of your prayers and support while she was so sick. I've said this before, but I don't know what I would have done without everyone here--you all are the best.

Connie & Cricket and CindiDoxieMom---are you ladies still here?? I will never forget all of your help and support.

Here is a recent pic of Scotchy:
Attachments
ResizedImage_1342457311462a.jpg
critters
Founding Member

Re: Four years later....!

Post by critters »

:thankyou: for the update! It'll be especially helpful for those just starting down a similar road.
connie

Post by connie »

I am around, cricket is still very happy and healthy. I am not on here much. my 89 yr old mom is in bad shape and I work it seems all the time. lol. so glad to see you and give that baby a big hug from me and cricket.. cricket is now 13 and has never had another slipped disk. aren't they wonderful? take care and keep in touch.
so happy life is good for you and that fur baby..
hugs ,
connie and cricket
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

What a beautiful picture. So glad to see you back! :D