My Bailey

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Christine

Re: My Bailey

Post by Christine »

Awww....Pam, that's exactly the way I felt about my Bailey. Each day was a gift. I pity people with that mentality because they have never known that kind of unconditional love. Sending you and your Bailey a kiss and a hug.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

Thanks, I feel better today. I stewed about that remark all day yesterday and needed to vent. :wink:

Pam
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Don't ever let anyone come between you and Bailey! You've got a good thing going! :angel:
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

My Bailey had his yearly check-up today. The vet told me he is doing "amazingly well". :)

He's lost a lot of weight over the last year, and had a couple times when he just seemed like he was ready to give up, but he bounced back again. He looked so happy riding in the car, I really should take him out more. I just hate the looks/comments I get. It was so nice to hear something positive today.

Pam
Christine

Post by Christine »

That just warms my heart!! :snoopy: Pam, your dedication to Bailey is such an inspiration. Thanks for keeping us posted about this amazing boy.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I love this whole thread. You and Bailey are "the way things are supposed to be" in my book. I'm glad he's still enjoying life and doing so well. It's a credit to the care you give him. Congratulations on a good check-up! :trophy:
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

I love this whole thread. You and Bailey are "the way things are supposed to be" in my book.
Thank you, that is nice to hear. I feel like the person who did everything wrong.

Have to tell you what Seth (4 year old son) said. The last time Bailey had a bad spell, I was explaining to him that Bailey is getting older, and would fly up to heaven to be with Jesus some day. I also said I thought he was going to leave soon, and was a little surprised he was still with us. Seth said "I think he stays because he loves us so much." :wub:
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

I came home from work today, called out "Hi Bailey!" and leaned over to pet him-the usual greeting. Bailey looked up at me and (drum roll........) started WAGGING HIS TAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was just a nerve twitch or something-he hasn't wagged his tail in years, so I started talking to him and that tail started wagging again! He wagged his tail when Seth came into the room, and every time I walk into the room-wag, wag, wag!! :D

I just can't belive it, I never thought I would see his tail wag again!

Pam
Christine

Post by Christine »

Now, you went and made me cry....while doing the happy dance!!! That was a like a big warm hug! :elephant: :banana: :elephant: :banana:
?/1999 - 10/25/08
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

I have some happy tears in my eyes, have to admit it! :)

Pam
jed

Post by jed »

You're an inspiration to us all :D
Go Bailey go :D :D
Hugs, and licks, to you and Bailey,
from me and Maisie
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Isn't that amazing?! It's been how many years, and suddenly this? That is so neat. It really does give hope to everyone, it shows how healing continues for years. :D
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

Its weird, he hasn't done it again, but I keep hoping. It was sooooooooo nice to see that wagging tail!

Pam
rookiemum

No Regrets

Post by rookiemum »

Sadly letting you all know my Bailey passed away this morning. He had been getting progressively weaker over the last few months, and over the last week he became more frail until Sunday morning he wasn't able to get up by himself. We spent the last two days saying goodbye, and went to the vet this morning. He passed away very peacefully in my arms.

Many thanks to everyone for your help, support, and friendship over the last few years. I appreciate all of you more than you will ever know.

Pam

My Bailey is running free...........
[img]
08-23-2011 11;24;03AM.jpg
[/img]
jed

Post by jed »

I'm so sorry for your loss :cry: , you did so much for Bailey, he was happy and loved.
Run free Bailey