Cinders Progress

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Aus Dilecce

Cinders Progress

Post by Aus Dilecce »

Well here we are, a little over 2 weeks post op and we're going great guns. She has started peeing by herself, I put her on the ground and support her sides and she does a little squat. I give her a few minutes but normally end up expressing her too just to really empty her.

Crating is becoming harder as the whineing has turned to wailing and I must say in the evenings she is allowed to sit on the couch with hubbie, very still (not like he'd ever move when the TV is on).

The most exciting news though is that we can wag our tail. It's only a little stump and never went very fast but we liken it to the intermittent wipe on the windshield wipers! But it is a definite wag. She is so bright and chirpy too, vet is very positive with her progress ;-)

Much love to all from Down Under
Cindidoxiemom

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not a vet; please consult your vet before making any treatment decisions.

Hunter IVDD Surgery x 2~Walking
Oscar IVDD Surgery x 1~ Paralyzed
Sage and Misty
KimK

Post by KimK »

:bounce: WOW! How wonderful for you and your Cinders!
Aus Dilecce

Post by Aus Dilecce »

Isn't it exciting? You don't realise how much you miss a wag until it's gone. She's been doing "dirty rats" (smiling with curled back top lip) for a while now but has that cheeky glint back in her eye.

Have a great weekend everyone, it's a bit warm and dry over here, we're still hoping for some rain.
SandyNY

great news!

Post by SandyNY »

:chick: :clap: :cheer:
so glad she is feeling better!
connie

Post by connie »

what wonderful news, i am so happy for you. we get excited over tails wags here. i took cricket out of crate at night to lay on sofa beside me real still. like yours he howled, was so upset, never crated before. but during the days if i was gone he stayed in it, but if i was laying around i took him out.
they got to know we still those cuddle times.
great news about peeing. i wish mine could recover that, but i can handle it. but sounds like your baby is on the way to full recovery and i couldn't be happier.
keep us updated and give her a big big hug from me and my boy.
good work, mommys work hard as the pets you know. lol
hugs, connie and cricket
Aus Dilecce

Re: Cinders Progress

Post by Aus Dilecce »

sorry Connie, have been off line for a few days so only just got your post. Have posted a new thread too - my little girl is walking albeit looking a bit drunk but it's so exciting. When she tries to go fast, she does that little pedalling thing that I saw Cricket doing in his video. Remind me, does he have pain? She does when the vet squeezes her with the forceps but doesn't seem to otherwise.
Love and hugs from downunder
Caroline

Re: Cinders Progress

Post by Caroline »

That is great!!!
So happy for you and Cinder!!!

They are better than human beings, - because they know but do not tell.
Emily Dickinson :snoopy: