New Off road wheel chair!

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
B-boy

New Off road wheel chair!

Post by B-boy »

Hello everyone,
Check out B-boy's video on youtube.com search "B-boy's new ride..." It is PAWSOME!
I have started to build wheels for dogs that still have adventurous spirits and drive to push their limits. To date I have four wheelchairs out there being tested, inculding a four wheel cart that has removable training wheels. I have not yet designed or worked out the schematics for larger dogs. These carts have full dual suspension swing arms, have oil dampened shocks, air filled tires and sealed ball bearings. We call them "Uber-cartz" , Our slogan is "Helping dogs run the world", these hotdogs will soon be walkin and rollin on a trail near you. When our website is up and running...sorta speak, we will fill everyone in.
I would love to hear any feed back, ideas and suggestions you may have.
Thanks for lookin'
P.S. I am fundraising for the S.P.C.A.,
if you wanna support the "Paws for a cause" dog walk and me, check out my profile page or sponsor a dog in your neighborhood.
http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?re ... Pref=en-CA
GRROOM GRRRRRROOOM GRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOM
B-boy :D
Attachments
P1131179_1.JPG
Virgil

Re: New Off road wheel chair!

Post by Virgil »

Looks great.
Makes my homemade cart with independent suspension look very tame indeed. Of course total cost of my cart, including the $2 springs was under $50!
Attachments
newcartfromrear_with george.jpg
Man does not live by Google alone.
sunspirit

Post by sunspirit »

OMG - you guys have got to see this!!! Here's the link to b-boy's youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w_k27AFqpI

Was any of it speeded up or is that his actual speed? The music was perfect too. I loved all his off-road antics, climbing over downed trees, going through the mud. B-boy & his chair are amazing! Yep, I think you'd have a market for your new chair.

How much would you be selling them for? What does the seat look like - would it accommodate an unaltered male?
Lauren & Tucker

Tucker http://www.dogster.com/?299836

LPerez

Post by LPerez »

That was so awesome. What a lucky little dog. You mentioned that you have a quad cart? Can you post a picture? I also am interested in what you will be charginging for your carts. I have been looking into them but need to wait a little lond=ger to be sure she is full grown before I make a purchase.
LAura
B-boy

Post by B-boy »

Hey everyone!
All of the footage is real time, real speed, real trees and really muddy terrain. He totally digs his new ride.
To answer the above questions, B-boy is not fixed, he is an intact male. The harness is neoprene and cut to the dogs thigh measurements, it is then seam sealed rather than stitched so there is no chaffing. The harness can also be used as a rear lift harness on it's own. I am going to be selling the rear support chairs for $350-$400 and the four wheel cart design for $500. The front wheels are removable, or can be swung out of the way till the dog needs them. This is Canadian dollars and is really on par with other carts on the market and really just covers my time and materials. I build them with a few inches play in either direction for adjustments and body shape fluctuation. This four wheeler was built for a pug named Winston. Thanks for all the great feed back!
Keep walkin' and rollin'
B-boy and the gang
Attachments
P6190071.JPG
Nicole82

Post by Nicole82 »

Amazing cart! That is one happy, lucky dog.

How long does it generally take you to build one of the rear support carts?
sunspirit

Post by sunspirit »

Virgil - your little guy looks happy in the cart you built him. If I could build, I wouldn't keep buying new wheels in search of the perfect ones for Tucker! Now if I could just add the shocks and wheels to his latest one... I don't know that Tucker could go like the wind like b-boy though. I'm happy he goes wheeling through the field at the dog park :-)
Lauren & Tucker

Tucker http://www.dogster.com/?299836

LPerez

Post by LPerez »

Can you make a quad cart small enough for a 2 lb yorkie? She appears to have Cerebellum Hypoxia or hyperplasia. She can move all four legs but has no coordination and when being held upright she has a tendancy to lean. I am concern about the harness and the ability to support her in an upright posistion. She is about 6 mos old so I am not sure how much more I need to wait to be sure she is done growing, I like your cart and would be interested in finding out if she would be a canidate.
Thanks,
LAura
B-boy

Post by B-boy »

Hello LAura,
I could build a cart for your Yorkie, I could build it with some adjustment so it could change as he/she does. I am not sure how effective the shocks would be with such a wee dog but the wheels and harness would provide plenty of vibration dampening. The harness itself would most likely aid in your dogs lean but we use a second belly band to align our dogs spine in the cart. B-boy is 7lb, the cart beside him was built for a chihuahua who weighed in at four pounds. The front wheels would be added and can be removed as needed.
Here is a pic.
Cheers
Attachments
DSCF0256.JPG
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Ooooo, if I ever get a job again, I'd sure like Ari to try a quad like that!! :hearts:
spiritandrobyne

Post by spiritandrobyne »

Hi, loved your video, great job to you and b-boy. I am curious as to whether you are still making these and wether or not they can be made for a 60 pound rough collie?

Thanks