Raider again

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
raiders mom

Raider again

Post by raiders mom »

Thanks for the info submitted for Raider.I have a new question...this evening I gave Raider a suppository because he hadn't had a b.m. yesterday or today.He didn't like it at all,in fact as I was getting the feces out of him he tried to bite me.Is this a good sign?Does it mean he might be recovering some feeling in his anus? He has developed a UTI,probably from my not totally emptying his bladder when I express him(I'll try to do better) the Vet gave him an antibiotic,could this be part of his problem with me messing with his butt?What do you think?I am new to all this!!!I I hope someone can shed some light on his behavior.He has not acted this way before even though I have had to get poop out of him before.I am hoping it means he is recovering feeling and may soon be able to go both pee and poop on his own.He's still not walking,doing stand assit 3-4 times a day and he is getting stronger. Thank You so nuch for this site,it has given me hope that he can live a happy life once he recovers from the broken pelvis. Kathy
critters
Founding Member

Re: Raider again

Post by critters »

It seems to me that he must be feeling it and doesn't like it.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Raider again

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

I'd have to agree with critters :)
And your Raider can have many great years. Wonderful years. Rejoice in every day. I am so happy for you that you have your Raider next to you, recovering, and going on to amaze you with ability, love, and forgiveness for that durn suppository :)
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/