Ruffles

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
ancona

Ruffles

Post by ancona »

Disabled , she is 9, been disabled since she was three. She came from a Manhattan New York Shelter, thru the rescue I am with Coast to Coast.

I have expressed her bladder for years, this last year we have problems with Inflammatory bowel and or Irritable Bowel.

occassionally she has spasms, her tail twitches, this is something she has done for years, thus if we are around we know she is having a bowel movement.

Well, after months of cooking hamburg and rice, I transitioned her to I/d canned or EN canned. it went well for a while. Now she is on Hill's W/D dry wtih some very , very low fat canned food and oh, Forti Flora,as we think perhaps her problem stems from leaky gut, from bladder expression.

Now today, she is having multiple movements, not loose, well formed. At wit's end.

I cannog continue or return to cooking, we have four other dogs. A 13 year old dachsie who had successful back surgery 11 years ago, he is doing well

I have two other dogs with assorted medical issues.

Ruffies has had over the years acpuncture and chiro and both helped. Ruffies has a cart for outdoors.

She has a

She h
d
critters
Founding Member

Re: Ruffles

Post by critters »

:gang: Can you edit your post and finish it? Have you seen the Poop on Demand info down on incontinence and do you do anything like that to get her empty?
ancona

Re: Ruffles

Post by ancona »

Hi, I clicked off as a bolt of lightening hit close by, thus did not finish nor edit my post.

Poop on demand does not work for her all the time.

I suspect that dry kibble causes a problem. I am returning to canned either W/D, canned O/M or soaking her kibble

I am at wit's end.

Sandi
Massachusetts
dachshund rescue