My dog may have FCE. Some ideas.

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
mortimer

Re: My dog may have FCE. Some ideas.

Post by mortimer »

She's gorgeous!. Tank didn't like the Red suit that the bear was wearing. Tore it off. The bear itself is undamaged. We had prime rib today. He got a bunch of meat on the bone. Was kind of funny listening to him moan from the living room. I always take care of him when there is meat and/or bones involved. I hope that your holidays went well.
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

Christine she's gorgeous!
Tank is too, what a lucky dogs and lucky people you are to have such great pets.
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
mortimer

Post by mortimer »

Here is a picture of Tank. He likes to sleep on his back. Almost there...
Attachments
sleepy.JPG
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww how comfortable can you get!
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
mortimer

Post by mortimer »

He is the first dog that I've had that sleeps on the spine with the front paws rolled up puppy style. He likes to have his belly rubbed. I've seen him cover his ears with his paws to sleep when it gets loud.

He still has difficulty navigating smooth surfaces. Time will tell. He asked to go out to do a woof-a-thon with dog at the end of the block today. Things are looking good. Just takes time.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Tank has a girl twin here in Georgia. She loves sleeping on her back - belly rubs are her goal in life. She covers her eyes when the light is in them and a "woof-a-thon" :mrgreen: is the perfect description of what she thinks is her job if a dog, a deer or a leaf touches our property!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
mortimer

Post by mortimer »

The part about the deer makes me laugh.

Tank's predecessor was a 90lb Schutzen GSD. Formally he was Ptarmigan Vom Rauch Rosen. He went by Bird.

Anyway, in the summer of 2003 I hear a clack clack in the back yard. I go to the door to see Bird chasing a mule deer around a 30'x60' fenced yard. Bear in mind that we live in a city. The deer is running at the doorway and me. Would not have been pretty. Fortunately the deer veered off and went over the wooden fence with the same clack clack noise.

I still shudder when I think of what a mule deer would have done to the inside of a house.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

mortimer wrote:
Tank's predecessor was a 90lb Schutzen GSD. Formally he was Ptarmigan Vom Rauch Rosen. He went by Bird.

se.
I think I'd go by "Bird" too! :mrgreen: