Bully is gone!

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
karkorny

Bully is gone!

Post by karkorny »

Well, the fight is over. My beautiful, brave Bully died today at 13 years old. An FCE survivor, he was an amazing boy. He came back from total paralysis five years ago, plus several other medical emergencies, to live a long, happy life, despite his handicap. I had to have him put down because I don't think he would have ever given up -- just to please me! But he was hurting and tired and he needed to rest. My heart is broken in a way I've never experienced. Caring for a handicapped pet engages you so fully and completely, it's like you're one. What am I going to do without having to help him down to the yard, or getting him up, or bringing him water, or consoling him when he would cry from frustration! I am going to miss him more than words can express. I already do. karen (and bully)
Attachments
Bully laughing!
Bully laughing!
Help me be the person my dog thinks I am!
Christine

Re: Bully is gone!

Post by Christine »

Oh Karen!! I can hardly see through the tears....I loved Bully just like I had met him in person - he will always have a place in my heart with my Bailey and Xena. They were all so brave and taught us so much about unconditonal love and bravery and dignity. The life that you gave him filled with love and caring beyond what other might have done will never be forgotten by anyone who knows you and expecially by your family here. As difficult as this is for you, the one comfort you will find is that you left no stone unturned to give him the best care and the chance for the long life he got to lead.
If I ever find myself in Asheville, I will be calling you so I can give you the hug you so need right now.

Love and Prayers,
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
tessa

Post by tessa »

oh karen...i'm so sorry to hear of your pain and loss. (thankyou christine for letting me know)

it is just so sad, and every day (still!) i am so sad for losing xena and it does seem to take a long time, but i can now talk about her without crying...and just a few days ago, i was able to sort through her photos...to finally make her a video tribute.
so i know this pain, and i know you know it too...and we all know that it never really goes away...and that's a good thing...because it also means that our babies never go away. they are always with us, they are IN us, and we carry them forever.
thankyou karen...for showing so many the way.
thankyou karen...for loving bully.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Dear Karen,

He filled your heart and you filled his. Nobody could have done more, or better. You and Bully have become a legend.

I am so sorry he is gone, but his love will remain forever.

Carol
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Karen,

We'll miss hearing Bully stories, too. So very, very, sorry for your great loss.

Dianne
poohbearsmom

Post by poohbearsmom »

My sincere condolences on the loss of your beloved Bully. :cry:
He saved my Poohbear's life - literally.
Until I read Bully's story - we were ready to follow the Vet's advice and euthanize Poohbear after her FCE.
Even though Poohbear passed on last year from bone cancer - we had years of happiness with her we wouldn't of had if it hadn't of been for Bully. :angel:
They take a piece of us with them when they go... :cry:
DEATH LEAVES A HEARTACHE NO ONE CAN HEAL
LOVE LEAVES A MEMORY NO ONE CAN STEAL

May your wonderful memories of Bully bring you comfort.
karkorny

Post by karkorny »

I feel such intense pain right now, but I know it will get esaier to bear. Nothing feels right for now. The house is so empty and quiet. I miss my Bully so, so much! In the meantime, your kind words, and those of others, help so much.
Help me be the person my dog thinks I am!
Christine

Post by Christine »

We're right here, Karen... :grouph:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
janew

Post by janew »

Karen,
I am so sorry you lost your Bully...you stood by & loved him past what most all would not. He was a super lucky guy he had you & what a special guy you had. His passing is like an end of an era...& what an era it was! His story has inspired & saved so many. I know that does not ease of the pain of his being beyond your touch right now but it will..If possible, I think losing a family member with special needs is even harder because our whole lifes, thoughts & schedules revolve around them, it creates a special bond...
Thinking of you,
jane