My Worst Nightmare

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
kadysmom

Re: My Worst Nightmare

Post by kadysmom »

Quick question Ricky. If tallua is able to walk why can't she go to the bathroom. Just wondering.. I no after daisy surgery she couldn't walk yet but we used a sling to take her out and some how she managed to Pee and pooh with the sling holding her rear end up.. I'm just curious if this is something I need to no. If they regain there walking why can't they go to the Potty
Ricky35

Post by Ricky35 »

Hi Kadysmom. Talulla can go by herself. We walk her with a sling and she does go, but she's still unsteady on her feet, so she doesn't get it all out. So in addition to taking her for walks, we are also continuing to express her. She's actually pretty funny. When I put her on the pad to go, she knows exactly what's coming. She just puts her head down and waits. I'm pretty sure she still has the infection though. We have a call out to the vet now to start the meds all over again. These infections stink. Ricky
Ricky35

Post by Ricky35 »

Hi everyone. Got some really good news. After 3 months of contending with a series of UTI's, Talulla's latest culture came back Ultra-Negative! Nice early Christmas present! Hope all is well and I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Happy Chanukah! God Bless! Ricky
Last edited by Ricky35 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Now, THAT'S what we're talking about!!! You must be so proud and grateful and relieved and happy...and happy!!! You and Tallula are now official members of our Inspiration Club! Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday and much happiness in the new year.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Ricky35

Post by Ricky35 »

Thanks Christine. You too!!!! :mrgreen:
Shaz

Post by Shaz »

Wonderful news for you and Tallula Ricky, you did it!! Whoopy whoop :trophy:

I wish you a Happy Holiday and only good things in 2012.
Sharon:)
2 x 10 year old Pugs, Duke and Duchess. Duchess has hind leg paralysis.
1 x 3 year old Maltese (Terror) Terrior! Oly
2 x 5 year old Greenwing Macaws, Missy and Rojo
Living in Spain.
Ricky35

Post by Ricky35 »

Thanks Sharon. All the best to you and your family!
Ricky35

Post by Ricky35 »

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good muscle supplement for dogs. Talulla has lost a lot of muscle during her recovery especially in her trunk and I would like to help her in rebuilding the muscle. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Ricky
Christine

Post by Christine »

Ricky,

Not sure if it is for muscle help, but check http://www.nzymes.com - a good supplement for arthritis, etc.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Ricky35

Post by Ricky35 »

Hi Christine. We actually already use Enzymes. It is more for the regeneration of nerves and getting rid of the bad free radicals that invade the nervous system after surgery. We started using it a couple of weeks after Talulla's surgery. I'm not sure if it helped, but I'm not sure it didn't either. There are a couple of muscl building supplements that are available out there. I was curious if anyone had any experience with them. Talulla is going for P.T. tomorrow so I'll ask the vet if they have anything they they would recommend. Thank's for the response and have a Happy New Year Christine!
Ricky35

Post by Ricky35 »

Hi everyone. Just a quick note. Talulla is continuing her recovery and is doing pretty well. We are able to take her for walks to her favorite spots now using a rear support sling. She's still going to physical therapy once a week and gets an acupuncture treatment while there. She still has a lot of atrophy in her mid-section from when she was down, but we're hoping that in time, she will get some of that muscle tone back. I guess the biggest thing that I've learned from this exeperience is to never give up. Prayers and TLC work wonders. If anyone who is reading this is going through this type of situation right now, stay strong and don't give up. Take one day at a time and give your buddy all the love and attention that you can. Talulla may never completely recover, but she will always be the best dog in the world. Just like yours. Ricky
Ricky35

Post by Ricky35 »

Walked into my house today and found Talulla on the second floor of the house. She hasn't been able to do that since before the surgery! Nice!!!!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Yeeeeeee---esssssss!!!!!!!!! :yay: :ecstatic:
Woohoo!!!!! :hurray: :snoopy: :elephant: :clap: :applaud: :bounce: :applaud: :clap: :elephant: :snoopy:
Ricky35

Post by Ricky35 »

Thanks Carol. I think Talulla could be a poster dog for how things can work out. You guys were so right.
Christine

Post by Christine »

What Carol said!!!!!!! Take a bow and give Tallula aq big ole kiss!
?/1999 - 10/25/08