we lost our 16 yr old dog today

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
linda

we lost our 16 yr old dog today

Post by linda »

i had posted before about purdy our dog who was unable to walk since christmas. today we made the hardest decision and had her put to sleep. she had been getting worse and not wanting to eat much since tuesday. she had some issues going on inside of her that we know wouldnt get better. i loved her with all my heart and i know the feeling was mutual. since she couldnt walk she would bark when she couldnt see me. my heart is broken and i always tell people we will see them again when we get to heaven. i told her to meet me when i get there. in the mean time i had also told her that my dad would guide her when she gets there.
CarolC

Re: we lost our 16 yr old dog today

Post by CarolC »

Ohhh...it sounds like it was her time. 16 is about as old as any dog ever gets, your dog had such a good, long life, thanks to the love and care from you. I am sorry for your loss of such an old friend. Your dog was truly very, very fortunate to have had you in her life.

:candle: